Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTS 6.5 grendel Upper + ammo/brass

Sold and Shipped

I picked this up in March and have lost interest in getting all the bugs worked out. I think it just needs a little more tweaking and it will be all set. It a 19/20 SS barrel on a Rainer Arms upper. I am second owner. First owner put less then 2 boxes of ammo and was having problems with Wolf ammo, I bought it to fix and use for a pig hunt. you can read the link below that describes everything. I did relieve some of bolt carrier to fit a Tubbs weight, see pic. Other then that is it as I received it except for some polishing of the chamber. I don't have the time or patience to finish resolving this. The upper is "as is", no returns, asking $600 + shipping. I also have 7 boxes of Hornady 123 gr AMAX ammo, 5 boxes of wolf and 3 boxes of Hornady once fired brass. There are a few missing pieces of brass, maybe 5 / 6?. Asking $150 + shipping for ammo and brass. Buy both upper and ammo/brass for $750 + shipping. I will not sell ammo until the upper is sold.
    Email me at kenk0919@aol.com if interested.
    Here is a link to the issues I had with the upper. It does have a Grendel Bolt. The upper has YHM full length free floating hand guards. Comes with 1 10 rnd mag.
    I am new to the 6.5 Grendel and recently bought a slighty used upper. The seller said the upper had 30 rnds since new. He said that he tried both AA and Wolf Gold ammo. Here is what I was told from sellers email. He said it was a Ranier Arms upper and the upper has rainier arms on it but could have been built by someone. It has

Thanks, Ken

Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2012, 02:43 AM. Reason: Reconsidering sale

I'd love to buy your upper, but I have a few too many already. Plus yours can be fixed for less than $34.00 :-)

CaptK,

I see you are selling your upper, don't do it brother! I had the same problem with one rifle that I'd gotten and it was doing the exact same thing, plus it was smoke stacking the brass part of the time too! I hate that you have spent so much time & money on this gun, but All you need is a (J&P Enterprises) Extra Heavy Rifle Length Buffer Spring and I guarantee you that it will work fine! If it doesn't I'll buy the spring from you. So this way you won't be out any more money! They cost $29.00 and it cured my problem and I'll bet you a JP Enterprises Heavy Recoil spring that it'll do the same for you or I'll pay you & you send it too me n

How does that sound bud? ;-) Give it a shot, ya got nothing to loose..
    Send me an email and let me know what happens.
    Eric

Comment

Putting the sale on hold. I ordered the spring as suggested plus a new ASC mag.

Ken

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Ken, another idea is to try a H 2 buffer-I tried one 2 wks. ago, wow what a difference! The rifle seemed like a different gun -it behaved much better, slowed the unlock a bit. You married off a daughter-now you can keep a different project, for yourself ! The dfender helped w/ 1 problem......

Comment

I have the Tubbs Carrier weight system. This seemed to help some, still had the same issues but I am getting more rounds to fire between failures. I hope the J&P buffer spring will help with the rounds that don't fully chamber.
          Ken

Comment

My Grendel was doing the exact same thing, so I wouldn't buy anything or change anything until the new J&P spring is out i In the rifle and tested out. It's too easy to forget what was in it last and exactly where you left off. Just wait until you have the spring and try it out before youchange anything else. Mine would stove pipe sometimes and then bit feed at all or out would work perfectly, then mess up all over again. A new magazine wouldn't hurt, but just remember to try the old one after the new spring us in and your trying everything out. Good luck, and I look forward to hearing what happens.
            Once I've saved up enough money and sold a few uppers that I've been building, I'm going to buy one of those new encapsulated buffer springs from J&P to try in my suppressed 300 Blackout, that's suppose to make it run really quiet and work better too. But it costs about $120.00 If I remember correctly.?!
            See Ya
            Eric

Comment

Thanks to all who offered their advice. A member contacted me and we have worked out a sale.
              Thanks, Ken

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ken has been GREAT to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

Comment

Working...
                X