Clear All
  • Stiven
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2014

Never thought id say this

But i'm overscoped

bought a 4-20x weaver tac

1. it's a beast of a scope
    2. I dont ever use over 10-15x or under for that matter.
    3. got a good deal though

should have prioritized my needs better, Now im looking at the weaver grand slam tactical. Seems to fit my needs 3-10x fixed parallax basic mil-dot/SFP and it's lighter

what's the consensus on them? good to go or should I not even bother with'em?
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Don't know about Weavers, but I do agree on not being over-scoped.

BTW, a good scope for the money is Swift. They put their money into the product and not advertising.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• lead chucker
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

I love the Weaver scopes! I have a 3x15 tactical on my 18", great glass and the EMDR is great. I also have the 3x10 grand slam tactical on a blkout. The glass is great, very clear. If your looking for a great scope its hard to beat for the money $299 on sale at Midway. I put one on my dad's 16" Grendel and he loves it also.

Comment

• Rainman
        Bloodstained
        • May 2015

I've been running a Weaver Tactical 3-15 for the last two years on a Savage .308 and most recently on a Steyr Pro Hunter .280 and have been very pleased with the optical quality, mechanical performance and features. I have looked through a Super Slam Euro 3-15 and a Grand Slam 4-16 outdoors but have not shot either. Quite honestly I was suprised by the optical quality of both scopes. My reference for comparison of optical quality is the Super Slam Euro to a Leupold VX-3 and the Grand Slam was not far behind. My assumption is that the tactical version probably has the same glass and coatings as the comparable hunting scope but I have not actually seen a Grand Slam Tactical to compare. I also run a SWFA SS 3-15 on my Grendel and in my opinion it is worthy of consideration as well.

Comment

• Stiven
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2014

what i had in my mind

and

what actually worked in the real world

were way off, I was going to be that long range coyote slayer. Then realized walking around were i hunt this summer that the longest shot is like 200yds. And lugging that thing around all day was gonna suck

Comment

• Stiven
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2014

i havent even hunted with my grendel yet but from lugging that scope around on my 5.56, straight up sucks. And my grendel is easily heavier than my 5.56 rifle

Comment

• am4966
              Chieftain
              • Jul 2014

Burris droptine 4.5-14 G2B MIL Dot good price Weaver seems to be a good scope for the money is it the kaspa model. If you don't mind ffp the premiere scopes from primary arms are great for the money. The retical works to! Nothing but great things about the retical.

If you not want price quotes or just more suggestions. Drop me a message of top $ you want to spend. I'll be happy to help anyway I can.
              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• san antonio fj
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                Burris droptine 4.5-14 G2B MIL Dot good price Weaver seems to be a good scope for the money is it the kaspa model. If you don't mind ffp the premiere scopes from primary arms are great for the money. The retical works to! Nothing but great things about the retical.

If you not want price quotes or just more suggestions. Drop me a message of top $ you want to spend. I'll be happy to help anyway I can.
                Yep I have one 2 of the primary arms 4-14x FFP scopes and for a cheap scope they work great, Im going to put one on my grendel for hunting, I have a 6-24x burris target scope on it now to test loads

Comment

Working...
                X