Considering a shelf grip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a shelf grip.

Does anybody have a shelf grip on their rig? I'm considering buying one. To me it looks uncomfortable but have heard otherwise. Would like opinions from anyone who actually uses one.

Do you mean the PSG-1 style grip with a hand shelf? Those were designed for hostage scenario sniper teams where the snipers are usually first on the objective area to provide surveillance and reconnaissance, with duration often extending into days. The shooter can stay relatively on-target with his rifle, while relaxing his hand on the shelf. If you will be spending a lot of time laying on the gun, they're great. It might also keep your firing hand more relaxed when shooting normally, and you will need to muscle the stock with your non-firing hand into a good solid position.

Comment

I have one but removed the palm rest, with any type of glove it is near impossible for me to not get my hand squeezed.

Even bare handed it was a tight fit.

Comment

OK thanks. I may just steer clear of it then.

Comment

Originally posted by buckbustn View Post
          OK thanks. I may just steer clear of it then.
          It makes a fantastic grip without the shelf, the palm shelf is truly for shooting prone or off the bench, like Paul said.

It has a nice stippled texture and helps via ergonomics and sweaty palms

Comment

I use the Panther tactical grip, quite easy to remove the shelf. It fills the hand and heps with proper finger placement.

Comment

There's a Falcon Tactical Deluxe Grip with the same profile, minus the shelf, that is rubberized...very nice, and available in FDE now. The Sierra Precision grip is also great if you're right-handed.

Comment

Working...
              X