• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

LabRadar Update

For those interested, the latest update below. Taking forever to get to the shelves.

One technical update on their website is that radars sold to countries other than Canada, Australia, NZ and the US will be deliberately underpowered by 30%. Justified by the clause, 'conforming to foreign government regulations' [smells like convenient BS but as long as it works and is the high power version my care factor is predictable].

(From the rep)
    The first batch is supposed to be delivered to me March 27. This is a limited run, all of which have been spoken for. Full production should start right after that. Sorry but I do not have a firm date for this delivery from the manufacturer but I would guess early June. We have passed all the required FCC testing etc. the only thing that remains is getting into full production. The first units will be sold in the US and Canada, followed by exporting a few months later. We will keep your contact information and will let you know when they are available. They will be available from our website and various local dealers whom we will publish when they have been shipped product to sell. You can also keep watching Facebook and our website for new information. We have two videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4a37bqY1SM Retail pricing will be $559.95 USD.

Best regards,

Richard Mouser

Exclusive Distributor for LabRadar

info@mylabradar.com

www.mylabradar.com

• cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I was reading on the hide where someone was saying that it's no longer going to be powerful enough to determine BCs. Any chance you could confirm that?
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
      I was reading on the hide where someone was saying that it's no longer going to be powerful enough to determine BCs. Any chance you could confirm that?
      No harm in asking these people. I'll email them.

Agreed on the first batch bugs concern. Hopefully those already spoken for in the first batch will chime in on the forums quick enough.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
        Reply from the rep...

Quick answer.

This is the final version, power cannot be increased due to regulations. Go to our FAQ to see how far different bullets will track. You can be the judge. There is not a built in BC calculator.

Best regards,

Richard Mouser

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Klem View Post
          Reply from the rep...

Quick answer.

This is the final version, power cannot be increased due to regulations. Go to our FAQ to see how far different bullets will track. You can be the judge. There is not a built in BC calculator.

Best regards,

Richard Mouser

The reduced range (from what I expected) is kind of a bummer, but I still want one after they've been out a while. Pretty cool if they work like they are supposed to.

If they are really really smart---- They might have built it in a hackable fashion (like modding a ham radio). It could be something as simple as snipping a jumper wire or adding/removing a solder bridge to achieve higher power than what the mighty FCC demands..... But that's just how I would have done it.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• JASmith
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2014

Alternatively, an aftermarket black box could be hacked in to sense the shot start pressure and transmit a signal to the radar at a down range location.

That would allow sensing both time of flight to 400 yards or so and velocities at those distances.

That would let folks get very useful source data for verifying or generating drag data and the the associated ballistic coefficients.
            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Variable View Post
              If they are really really smart---- They might have built it in a hackable fashion (like modding a ham radio). It could be something as simple as snipping a jumper wire or adding/removing a solder bridge to achieve higher power than what the mighty FCC demands..... But that's just how I would have done it.
              That sounds cool until you make a military jet think you have missile lock on him and he destroys your shooting range.
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                That sounds cool until you make a military jet think you have missile lock on him and he destroys your shooting range.
                That myth just keeps growing new legs, doesn't it?
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rabiddawg
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2013

I haven't heard it. I was just trying to be a comedian.
                  Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• BjornF16
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

Not sure why you think it is a myth...

Description
                    The AGM-88 can detect, attack and destroy a radar antenna or transmitter with minimal aircrew input. The proportional guidance system that homes in on enemy radar emissions has a fixed antenna and seeker head in the missile's nose. A smokeless, solid-propellant, booster-sustainer rocket motor propels the missile at speeds over Mach 2. HARM, a U.S. Navy-led program, was initially integrated onto the A-6E, A-7 and F/A-18 and later onto the EA-6B. RDT&E for use on the F-14 was begun, but not completed. The USAF introduced HARM on the F-4G Wild Weasel and later on specialized F-16s equipped with the HARM Targeting System (HTS).
                    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

The myth is in the story told as an anecdote - that a speed gun nearly got wiped out by a fighter that locked on it. Labradar and the speed guns use similar bands (frequencies). The short of it is that the AGM-88 works on different frequencies, since Surface to Air radars do not use either X or K band radar.

Read here:

This urban legend seems to be a classic "warning against technology" tale, cautioning us against the development of systems that could somehow escape human control and cause havoc.
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• NugginFutz
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                        I haven't heard it. I was just trying to be a comedian.
                        In which case, I'd say you had a natural sense of humor!

Comment

Working...
                        X