X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

I like the feel of the lighter 3lb Timney, as my opinion on them was initially colored by the 4.5lb trigger, which didn't feel so great to me. What I like is that they are single stage.

I have recently seen an issue with one that had the lip of the disconnector not square with the hook on the back of the hammer, so the range of adjustment just wasn't there to make the trigger safe, and it was doubling on the owner.

I like single stage triggers, so JP is one of my go to triggers in that regard, but you have to know what you're doing when installing. If you have half a brain and follow JP's instructions, you can see what is needed to install them, but they are a minor gunsmithing trigger that requires major attention to detail. With proper installation, I have never had a hiccup with them, and that includes shooting over 10,000rds through 3-gun AR15's, my 16" Grendel, and others.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Tombo
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2014

Thanks to everyone for all replies on Timney triggers.

Thanks to all for the great information. It is appreciated, and gives perspective.

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

O
        Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        I like the feel of the lighter 3lb Timney, as my opinion on them was initially colored by the 4.5lb trigger, which didn't feel so great to me. What I like is that they are single stage.

I have recently seen an issue with one that had the lip of the disconnector not square with the hook on the back of the hammer, so the range of adjustment just wasn't there to make the trigger safe, and it was doubling on the owner.

I like single stage triggers, so JP is one of my go to triggers in that regard, but you have to know what you're doing when installing. If you have half a brain and follow JP's instructions, you can see what is needed to install them, but they are a minor gunsmithing trigger that requires major attention to detail. With proper installation, I have never had a hiccup with them, and that includes shooting over 10,000rds through 3-gun AR15's, my 16" Grendel, and others.
        LR - do you use the full or partial JP trigger kits? About $100 difference between the two, as I see it.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

I prefer the trigger and the speed hammer together, otherwise you can bob the tail of a standard hammer, but most wannabe parts on the market are really soft, especially hammers, and the JP is a safe bet, whereas a DPMS hammer from a $30-$40 parts kit will be questionable.

Time is money, so it's better for me to just go with the JP speed hammer and not look back. I also like using the AR10 hammer spring sometimes, depending on what I'm doing. The yellow spring can cause light strikes with hard military primers, especially in the cold with a standard hammer.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Blacklab
            Warrior
            • Mar 2012

Put Timney on the Grendel. I don't have any experience with triggers as in competition ect. With mine I like it. 3lbs lite and breaks like glass. If I ever need another it would be Timney
            Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• Joseph5
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

I have CMC triggers in my AR's and they compare very favorably to the Remington X Mark Pro and the Savage Accutriggers that I have used in Bolt Guns. I have never tried a Geissle so I can't compare it to those.

Comment

• lednerg56
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2014

I have never used either Timney or Geissle so I am hesitant on spending money on either. Plus the fact I have personally never used a 2 stage trigger.

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Timney is single stage, Geissele has 1 trigger that's single stage The rest are two stage. I'm really wanting to try out the elftmann they are self contain, yet are modular and adjustable.
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• rabiddawg
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2013

Because it was so bad, i had to change the trigger on my colt. I went with a geissele national match and really like it. I have a timeny on one grendel that i like equally as well. My other grendel has the Alex Arms trigger. It is much better than the colt trigger but also much heavier than the timeny. I have left it alone because my daughter uses it for hunting. One day i will swap it for something lighter more adjustable
                    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

Working...
                    X