• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wheelguner
    Warrior
    • Oct 2011

Adjustable gas system

I had not seen this method of adjustable gas system before:

I am curious to hear the Horde's reaction. The only down side I can see is having to remove the BCG multiple times during tuning but the ease of instalation may offset this.

I can't see why it wouldn't function as well as an adjustable gas block.

I look forward to rading yall's opinions.
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I can't see their website on my iPad (cursed flash websites!), but I'm guessing those are the guys with the adjustable gas key that goes on your bolt carrier?

If so--- I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I can imagine one potential small disadvantage when comparing it to an adustable gas block. An adjustable gas block keeps the gas you don't want in your barrel by stopping it on it's way out. An adjustable gas key just keeps it out of the inside of your carrier. It'd still be coming into the receiver as the BCG moved rearward. How much difference? I have absolutely no idea, and it might not be a big deal at all.

Without actually owning and trying one, I'm mostly just wildly prognosticating.LOL I could be totally full of crap.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
    X