Luth AR MBA for your Grendel (look out Magpul PRS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Luth AR MBA for your Grendel (look out Magpul PRS)

Sweet looking alternative to Magpul PRS stock (at roughly half the price and weight).

Randy E. Luth has introduced a revolutionary new lightweight, modular buttstock assembly for the AR-15 rifle...

LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
  • maverick5582

I have one on my Grendel. I likes it!

Comment

Does it flex any? Looks very lightweight. Does the cheek piece stay in place with the simple tension knob?

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
        Sweet looking alternative to Magpul PRS stock (at roughly half the price and weight).

Randy E. Luth has introduced a revolutionary new lightweight, modular buttstock assembly for the AR-15 rifle...
        1.24 lbs (MBA weight) is not half of 1.68 lbs (PRS weight).

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

It looks very nice, it also looks and from what I just read it does not telescope. If that would telescope along with a moveable cheek rest that would slide back and forth and up and down I think they would have something very neat, also it would have to stay tight like the UBR. There is an idea for someone?? Nice looking piece though. I have a couple months yet before my next awesome piece is done so will wait to see what or who else comes up with something special. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• lilharcher
            Warrior
            • Feb 2013

Very stoked on this stock originally, but the more I look at it, the less functionality it appears to have. I had my mind set I was going to get one too. Looks poorer constructed in personal pictures than the commercial pictures.......again, that assessment may not be accurate if I actually play around with one......just my gut feeling.

BTW, is there a spot to add a monopod like PRS?

Comment

• Slappy
              Warrior
              • Feb 2014

I see now that I have looked at it a few times the cheek piece does go back and forth. Looking better every time I see it. M5582 does it telescope (the whole stock) or is it fixed. More thoughts please about how you like it. Thanks BANG BANG!!

Comment

• maverick5582

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Does it flex any? Looks very lightweight. Does the cheek piece stay in place with the simple tension knob?
                The back side of the adjustments has serrated teeth. Once you lock it down it does not move. The cheek piece is as far forward as the holes allow as you see it in the photograph. It uses a captured nylon lock nut to secure the adjustment knobs. I looked long and hard at the Magpul before I invested in this piece. I could not find anyone who knew anything about it. I bought it straight from Luth. All I can say it that it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                X