Which of these is best? 12x to 14x scopes $250 range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these is best? 12x to 14x scopes $250 range

Which of these has the best glass? Most useful features..hunting with Grendel under 300 yards...occasional paper targets at 600 for fun with buddies.

Vortex diamondback 4x12x40. $289 -$349

Weaver buck commander 4x16x42. $284.99

Burris timberline 4.5x14x32 $279-$415

Bushnell legen ultra HD 4.5x14x44 $264 - $443.95

Burris 4.5x14x42mm $299-$425
  • Overwatcher

Diamondback hands down for clarity.I have one on my HMR and for the cost it fits the bill.

Comment

Is the 12x vortex capable of seeing blaze orange sticker targets at 600?....I usually use my 6.5 x 20 viper at that range

Comment

I was thinking of the bushel legend ultra to get to 14x ...but i don't know anything about that line..and wondered if it was better than the vortex glass

Comment

I like Vortex and Burris and I can't say good or bad on the Weaver or Bushnell. What I would look at real hard is the warranty and customer service you can expect.

Comment

• Tedward
            Banned
            • Feb 2013

I have a 2-7x35 Diamondback that is good at 100 yards but the 1" Blaze dot is covered by the center cross hairs at the 200 yard mark. As for clarity, the Diamondbacks are fa-nominal in the rain, you can see every rain drop falling. I haven't tried a Viper but if the Diamondback is this good it must really be awesome.

I tried out a Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP last week. Very good for the buck, $229 and a 3 year unconditional warranty. The glass is very clear and the cross hairs were super thin at 100 yards as well as 200 yards, that must be the FFP working.The knobs are nice and firm, re-zero good for how much I tested it. 3" sunshade for $20 gives it good protection from rain and sun, I havent had a chance to view in the rain but will tomorrow. Bad weather on the way, 30mph winds, snow and freezing ice, so it will be tested in -11 degree wind chill tomorrow if the predictions are right. But bad no matter what and testing for fog up and visibility will take place. .

Comment

• skyfish
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

I have used the Bushnell Legend. Good glass for price. Don't have that model though, nor can I compare to others you listed.

Comment

Is the bushnell legend around the same quality as an elite 4200 or3200? I have a browning that's really an elite and its real good

Comment

Tedward where did you get the primary arms? I never heard of them.

Comment

• Tedward
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
                    Tedward where did you get the primary arms? I never heard of them.
                    There a distributor and have great prices to the public. . Check out there site. http://www.primaryarms.com/

They sell all of the AR-15 and AK-47 products. There a distributor for Seekins and check out there Rifle Scope selection. Night Force, Vortex and there house brand.

Comment

• Tedward
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2013

Millet 4-16x50 at PA, for $299.99, $326 @ Midway

Can't beat that.

Comment

The glass I have seen in the little 2-7x32 Vortex was hard to believe. It's XD glass, and it shows.

Comment

What's xd glass? What kind of glass does Burris and bushnell use?

Comment

Working...
                          X