• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Spike's Tactical SAR3 Rail

I've pretty well decided on the Spike's Tactical SAR3 Rail for my current build, but I'm not sure which size to go with. I've narrowed it to the 12" or 13.2". I know it's not much of a difference, but I don't want to spend this much money and wish I had went with the other length. I'm leaning towards the 13.2"

It's going on a 16" Grendel build w/mid length DI gas system. I intend to add a suppressor to it, eventually. Which is what lead me to this forearm, that and the weight savings.

per http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_282/2...or.html&page=2

I know the 7" SAR3 weighs 206.3g (7.28oz) and the 12" SAR3 weighs 292.3g (10.31oz). According to my calculations the 13.2" SAR3 weighs approximately 305.3g (10.78oz).

If anyone has a suggestion for a better forearm I'm all ears.
    Last edited by cory; 06-12-2013, 04:57 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • denimdeerslayer
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2013

I am waiting on my 15" Samson Evolution to come. I have a 24" barrel on mine. They make shorter ones though.

SAMSON MANUFACTURING QUALITY GUARANTEED | MADE IN USA Samson Manufacturing is the leading manufacturer of top-tier firearms parts and accessories, proudly serving as a trusted U.S. Government Defense contractor (Cage 037R7). We are committed to providing unparalleled solutions to our customers. With a sharp focus on AR-15, HK, Kalashnikov, and various other MSR enhancements, Samson produces an expansive array of cutting-edge products. Our lineup includes; free-floating handguards, mounts for optics and magnifiers, fixed and folding rifle sights, and much more. Driven by our dedication to excellence and innovation, we have consistently delivered superior quality and value to commercial, military, law enforcement, and OEM markets since 1994.

Comment

• Keep The Change
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

FYI in case you are interested, I have a 14" Foris for sale on the website. It has Keymod at 3 & 6 and QD sling locations.

Very lightweight.
      But I can say that the Samson and Seekins stuff is good as well. My Fortis is brand new and looks great. I'll probably put it on ARF.com next week, but like to give the Grendel boys first shot.

Comment

Working...
      X