Scope set up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    With the ADM mounts, I have found that they need to settle in before the groups tighten up. There is quite a bit of horizontal spread, then once settled, they shoot tighter. I think LaRue has the best QD system and I only got the ADM's to test the design. The LaRue mounts torque the mount to the rail vertically, as well as clamping it from the side.

One thing I do like about the ADM QD mounts is that you can adjust the tension without tools. If I were recommending a QD mount to someone, I would steer them towards a LaRue though.
    I have not found that issue with mine
    I do use a bit of One shot on the rail and the mount clamps before putting it back on
    I did that just to keep the moister out but maybe, if what you found is true, the bit of dry lube helps control that

Comment

Comment

• babaganoush
        Warrior
        • Jan 2013

Better than a thousand words, Thanks for the post. Perfectly demonstrates why I'm no fan of QD mounts. The only advantage I can see is the lack of a need for tools, if you have to get to BUIS quickly.
        "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoush View Post
          Better than a thousand words, Thanks for the post. Perfectly demonstrates why I'm no fan of QD mounts. The only advantage I can see is the lack of a need for tools, if you have to get to BUIS quickly.
          The LaRue mounts don't exhibit this issue. Mark LaRue even mounted his Burris 1-4x on top of his Grendel before going out in the field with his guide up in Wyoming, and then guide thought he was on crack, stating that they hadn't planned to provide a place or resources for him to zero. He said "no problem", and proceeded to head off like he was ignorant. The guide became a believer after LaRue dropped a huge bull elk at 405yds.

Comment

Working...
          X