bore site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on your chamber, a 7.62x39 version may work.

My SiteLite SL-150 laser boresighter works great.

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

If you wish to bore sight an AR-15, simply remove the bolt carrier from a stationary upper and look down the bore using the naked eye at an object ~100 yards away, then adjust the scope accordingly. Works surprisingly well to get the first shot on paper.
      Drifter

Comment

• Y85
        Warrior
        • Sep 2012

Will do - thnx

Comment

• XOOFP
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
          If you wish to bore sight an AR-15, simply remove the bolt carrier from a stationary upper and look down the bore using the naked eye at an object ~100 yards away, then adjust the scope accordingly. Works surprisingly well to get the first shot on paper.
          Drifter, great suggestion. That's the way I bore site my setups. I would assume that's where the term "bore site" came from. I once watched a frustrated shooter fail to find paper with a gun shop" bore sited" bolt gun. He watched in amazement as I pulled the bolt, adjusted 96 clicks (24 moa) on the scope, and he put the next round about 1 inch left and 1 inch low at 100 yards! It was pretty cool.

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
            Ditto, I've been doing it that way for years, and it works like a champ.
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

I use the same method, with paper offsets for closer ranges around the house. I used to sight-in a lot of guys' rifles working at a gun shop, and they always said they were on paper at 100yds. Remember to loc-tite bases and rings on the bolt guns, red for bases and blue for rings. I still use blue for rings on AR15's.

Comment

Originally posted by XOOFP View Post
                Drifter, great suggestion. That's the way I bore site my setups. I would assume that's where the term "bore site" came from. I once watched a frustrated shooter fail to find paper with a gun shop" bore sited" bolt gun. He watched in amazement as I pulled the bolt, adjusted 96 clicks (24 moa) on the scope, and he put the next round about 1 inch left and 1 inch low at 100 yards! It was pretty cool.
                Had a similar experience 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                X