• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

Armageddon Gear Bemchrest Bag

This un

If you get the large, the volume is the same of a 5 gallon bucket. If you try to fill it with sand, you will be carrying like 60lbs of sand around

Approx 22lbs of poly pellets if you want weighted.

Will give a range report Tuesday
    Last edited by Zeneffect; 10-08-2022, 05:16 AM.
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

Huh thought I posted a pic of it.

It grips the front handguard to a point where we're it supports the entire rifle

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

No need for a rear bag then?

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
        No need for a rear bag then?
        HTS:

Have used them in various forms. I think a rear bag is still in order when using them. Although they secure the forend a lot more firmly than nothing, the stock isn't supported. You can get away with it better with this design but it isn't a universal solution.

And adjusting up and down and left / right is not as easy as off of a regular bag either.

I have an udder bag that is pretty convenient and is probably easier to handle than one of these sorts of bags.

However, I would not turn one down if someone wanted to give it to me or even sell it at a decent price.

I still find myself going back to a couple of G.I. sandbags filled with cat litter.

LR55

Comment

• Zeneffect
          Chieftain
          • May 2020

For the matches I shoot, rear bag is not allowed.

Lyman bag lift takes care of the up and down, however it SUCKS. I've inquired if a motorcycle jack is acceptable.

Left to right is the challenge, and why a 70lb bag was entirely unacceptable as it might need a reset, and that much sand.... no. Just no.

LR1955 is correct, this inst a universal solution. I got it for specific matches, with specific rule sets which make this bag optimal. It wont be moved, it will be on a bench, etc. Ive half joked about bring a recliner with a cupholder, its that kind of match. With a different rule set, ill ditch the bag and use my fortmeier bipod, with yet another set of rules, ill use nothing at all.

It's all just to play fun games. Not something I would consider carrying in the field.
          Last edited by Zeneffect; 10-10-2022, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Zeneffect
            Chieftain
            • May 2020

Left and right is limited to about 5 animals wide. After that the rifle will load up on a side and shots will drift, getting worse the more severe the angle.

Remediation came (after a miss) to reset after animal #5 in the line then continue. With 10 min for 10 targets, no brainer to maximize the time and just go even slower somehow.

Stability was very nice. Shot with .223 wylde 24" ar15
            385M. This was warmup/practice/sight in, 1st shot miss was cold bore. Me and my squad mate were sharing a target for warmup so I tried to leave him as much clean real estate as possible. The bag did its job nicely once I figured out the side loading.

39/40 btw.

Comment

Working...
            X