SWFA SS 2.5-10x32 Ultralight Rifle Scope (BDC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by SDW View Post
    And since this thread doesn't have enough pics yet...
    I've got a couple of pictures over on the KE Arms polymer lower thread. I'm using an Aero mount but might change to some rings in the future. It's a pretty sweet idea to carry the rifle by the scope like it's a carry handle. It's 1968 all over again!
    Last edited by biodsl; 01-03-2021, 11:15 PM.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• SDW
      Warrior
      • Jul 2018

Hate to bring this up now, but I have a question to you other guys who own this scope. What do you think of the glass? Asking because I'm about to call SWFA and see about them looking at mine with a critical eye. I've been looking through it for a few weeks now. I hate to say it, but mine isn't as clear either Redfield Revolution 3-9x or the same scope in 2-7x that I own. I've gone back and forth between them all and it seems as though something is off with the SWFA UL. I've gone from one extreme to the other focusing the eye piece and I cannot find a sweet spot where everything at say, 100-200 yds (even beyond that) is sharp. It's "okay", but I just don't feel I'm getting my money's worth.

I started a thread over on Opticstalk.com about it. Veteran member Ilya/Koshkin over there, who owns two of these, assures me this scope should run circles around a Redfield Revolution. Additionally, there's an issue with what I consider excessive chromatic aberration. I.e., colored halos on the edges of some distant objects. Some people might consider this to be a bit snobby. I mean, I know this is isn't an SLR lens. But still. I don't think it should this noticeable in a ~$400 scope.

Comment

• drewthebrave
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

ILya knows his stuff -- sounds like you got a lemon. I'd contact SWFA about having it swapped out under warranty.

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

I started a thread over on Opticstalk.com about it. Veteran member Ilya/Koshkin over there, who owns two of these, assures me this scope should run circles around a Redfield Revolution. Additionally, there's an issue with what I consider excessive chromatic aberration. I.e., colored halos on the edges of some distant objects. Some people might consider this to be a bit snobby. I mean, I know this is isn't an SLR lens. But still. I don't think it should this noticeable in a ~$400 scope.
          You absolutely should sent it back. IIRC, Koshkin owns two but also did some pre-release testing. He should know. SWFA wants you satisfied. They will take care of you.
          Paul Peloquin

Comment

• SDW
            Warrior
            • Jul 2018

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I know they're backordered still, so it might take a while for a swap. But that's the way it goes. As said, I have other scopes to use in the mean time.

Comment

• PVBoom
              Warrior
              • Oct 2017

some feedback on this scope at the end of this thread

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

BDC limited to 10X, SFP scope

Comment

• PVBoom
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

Part of me is intrigued by this, I have 3 SWFA scopes (3x9, 5x20, 3x15) but right now, I am not humping anything so, the weight isn't an issue.

I picked up a Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10, and while I really like it, I find the eyebox too finicky on 10x.

So I am all in on bigger objective/bigger tube, my next scope will be a 3-15 50mm objective.
                Last edited by PVBoom; 01-08-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• biodsl
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by PVBoom View Post
                  some feedback on this scope at the end of this thread

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

BDC limited to 10X, SFP scope
                  To me, SFP is not a detriment on a 2.5-10x scope. In fact, I prefer it.

When shooting my Creed, I will sometimes use the middle of the magnification range. There are times I just don't want to be at 20X. This is almost never the case on my lower power scopes. With my 1-4, 1-6 or 2.5 to 10 I find I'm either at the lowest magnification or the highest. 2.5 works under 100 yards for quick target acquisition and snap shots. 10X has plenty of field of view I need beyond 100 where the BDC comes into play.
                  Last edited by biodsl; 01-09-2021, 05:04 AM.
                  Paul Peloquin

Comment

• Lastrites
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2017

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I know they're backordered still, so it might take a while for a swap. But that's the way it goes. As said, I have other scopes to use in the mean time.
                    Yep, send it back. Mine is cystral clear at all magnifications.

One of these days I will likely move it forward a notch.

Comment

• nodakjohns
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post

One of these days I will likely move it forward a notch.
                      I like the looks of your weapon. What scope mount are you running ?

Comment

• Lastrites
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by nodakjohns View Post
                        I like the looks of your weapon. What scope mount are you running ?

Comment

• nodakjohns
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2020

Very nice. They make good products

Comment

• Lastrites
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2017

Yes it is, really though I sorted wish I went with a two piece design as I lose out being able to use it has a carry handle, lol.

Comment

• SDW
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
                              FWIW, I did sent it back to them early last week. I'm waiting to hear what they determine. I might have to wait a while for a replacement. Depends on when they get their next batch.

Comment

• nodakjohns
                                Bloodstained
                                • Dec 2020

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18133[/ATTACHolder thread but just thought i would show my shooting iron off in its hunting configuration. The scope seems ideal at this point. The total rig as it sits is 7lbs 1 oz. No mag or sling. And i will probably just put a thread protector on.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X