SuperSetCA 2019 Best LPVO Optics Review

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Great video. I'm not sure I agree with the complete selection, the Leupold VX-R 1.5-4 or the VX5-HD 1-5 are worth a serious look. Both of which I believe are equivalent or better choices to the PX4-i. I guess its a personal preference, but the weight difference between the Leupolds and their competition is drastic, and considering the price and warranty, I wonder why they weren't given a spot in the video. I wonder if they've tried them? Even without the inclusion of the Leups, this is a great review video.

I think the glass on the VX5 is better than the Gen 2 Razor. Much better. And FOV is better. Having shot both, the Razor is a better optic, but at twice the price and almost 1.5x the weight, it should be. The PST G2 isn't in the same league on glass than either Leupold.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

My evaluation of the nx8 was spot on with theirs. I would have kept it if it had a smaller point of aim.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
        Great video. I'm not sure I agree with the complete selection, the Leupold VX-R 1.5-4 or the VX5-HD 1-5 are worth a serious look. Both of which I believe are equivalent or better choices to the PX4-i. I guess its a personal preference, but the weight difference between the Leupolds and their competition is drastic, and considering the price and warranty, I wonder why they weren't given a spot in the video. I wonder if they've tried them? Even without the inclusion of the Leups, this is a great review video.

I think the glass on the VX5 is better than the Gen 2 Razor. Much better. And FOV is better. Having shot both, the Razor is a better optic, but at twice the price and almost 1.5x the weight, it should be. The PST G2 isn't in the same league on glass than either Leupold.
        Personal preference really does govern optic reviews.

You couldn't give me enough money for my gen 2 pst and I wouldn't own a leupold built in the last 10 years.

Only thing I don't like about my pst's is the weight. Would love too have that new 1-10 vortex has out but it's a no go with the ffp and reticule.

Now take that 1-10 power and drop it in the gen2 pst and I would be upgrading for sure.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

I'm sure thats coming A5. That's how it works. Except itll be a 1.5-12 be an inch longer, and 7 more ounces.

Leupold had a bad few years, I admit. These new Mark5s are a different optic. And I've owned and shot most of the sub 1k glass in the last few years, as well as a Mark5HD 5-25. The Leupold FOV, Turrets, and the VX5's (price comparable, the MK5 isn't a fair comparison) have better glass. Period. The reticles are indeed dated, and Leupold needs someone in the shop in touch with what reality is on the sales floor these days. That being said, they just work. And they're half the weight, have a smaller footprint, and are actually daylight bright if that's your thing.

The reputation factor Leupold has lost the last decade sure makes buying one of their optics off a second hand message board cheaply a nice side benefit.

I've read quite a few optic reviews, and aside from some from Koshien, I don't currently recall of any that aren't almost entirely based on personal opinion.
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
          X