Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Scope, Good Customer Service

Well,

Having never owned a Vortex scope before (only owned their red dot sight .... which is great). So, prior to Christmas, I saw that my local wholesale sports had the 30mm 6-24x50 Vortex Crossfire on sale for 200.00 dollars (yeah I know .... what sale .... learned later I could get it for 99 bucks).

So, I cut my losses and try to find find a round my rifle like and work up some loads. Turns out the Crossfire (like everyone elses) is crap and is broken. So, I get in touch with Vortex. They offer to give a Diomandback as a replacement, or I can pay a few more bucks and get a 6.5-20x50 Viper. So, I decided to go with the Viper. From notifying Vortex to having the broken scope in the mail by return shipping with Fedex is less than 4 hours.

Lesson learned. Just because a company has a good name for scope, doesn't mean all thier scope are of the same quality. I should have just bought a Viper from the begining. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A CROSSFIRE .

Having said all that. I am really impressed with Vortex's willingness to work with the user and make things right. Excellent customer service.

I have heard nothing but raves about their customer service, and they have been very responsive to my questions and input on the tactical line of Viper PST's. I still wish I hadn't sold my 6.5-20x44 Mildot Viper, as it was a great piece of glass.

Comment

I have 3 vipers and 1 pst. I have nothing but great things to say about them. I even had the unfortunate event of dropping one right on the top turret about a 45 degree angle. Scarred up the cover, but never lost zero. I love them.

Comment

Well, got my new Viper in the mail today. Can't be happier. Now I gotta hit the range tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutt View Post
          Well, got my new Viper in the mail today. Can't be happier. Now I gotta hit the range tomorrow.
          Hey I just ordered a viper 6.5x20x44. Is that what ya got? I read some posts that they are as clear at 600 yards as a leupold vxiii. Do you think it's true?

Comment

Working...
          X