• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CJW
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

TacStar Brass Catcher:

Boys,

Never had a problem finding a good brass catcher for my pistols........but haven?t found a good one for my AR until now.

80 % of the time I shoot off sticks. I first tried this Caldwell brass catcher that velcros to your hand guard.
    It has many design flaws and the brass would melt the mesh catch sack.

Next I tried my pistol brass catcher mounted on a tripod. In this instance I was so focused on getting the spent brass to go in the shell catcher that I couldn?t concentrate on my trigger pull. (After some practice, I could get 5 spent shells in a row in the butterfly net brass catcher).

Two weeks ago I purchased a TacStar brass catcher. This made a huge difference.
    100% of the spent brass is collected with the TacStar. The mesh pouch that holds the brass is very thick and tightly woven. Zero problems with hot brass melting the fabric.

It attaches to your 1913 rail and the pouch comes off easily to empty the fired cartridges.

Very nice accessory.

Live Big!

Chuck
  • Arkhangel5
    Warrior
    • Apr 2016

Thx for the review.

I looked really hard at this brass catcher for my Grendel, but it attaches to the same area needed for my optics. Bummer, real good deal too.

If I didn't need the rail space for optics, I would put one on in a heartbeat.

SY

Comment

• CJW
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

I use ADM QD mounts and it fits perfectly right in front of my mount.

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

I always have problems w/rail mounted brass catchers.
        I took a $4 laundry wash bag from Walmart,2pcs of 4ga ground wire I found on a job site and a 2’ pc of 2x6.Twisted 2 pcs of the wire together and formed a hoop.Drilled 2 holes as wide as the hoop,threaded the wire through the front of the mesh bag and stuck the wire through the 2x6.Works great on bench and prone.Catches everything from any SA rifle.
        I refuse to spend $20-$40 on something that isn’t going to work when my little five dollar deal works like a champion!

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

Yes the Caldwell that wraps around the handguard is crap. I use the Caldwell brass catcher the hooks into the pic rail. It's been pretty flawless for me.

Comment

• CJW
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

TacStar brass catcher work great........

We shooter movers out to 400 meters , from different positions.

You go from station to station , like sporting clays.

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

The wrap-around works for me, but I had to sew an elastic loop at the other end to hold it up and against the receiver. Plus some foam and Corflute at the mouth to create clearance and stop cases deflecting back into the receiver.
              Last edited by Klem; 10-11-2019, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X