• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shooter80
    Bloodstained
    • May 2018

Riton optics

Just wanted to see if any of you guys have tried out there scopes. I'm currently looking at RTS mod 7 4-20x50 from the reviews I've seen which there is little of them everybody loves them. I know there a new company been out since 13 just want to see what people think
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

There is a member at the club who owns a Riton. And I think it’s a 4-20x50. We were talking a while back.I had asked him about it. He said it’s made in Japan and it has a lifetime warranty .He paid a low price.He liked it and he was shooting well at 600 yrds with it.
    I don’t know about the prices because I haven’t shopped for one. or who even carries riton.But I’d rather own a Vortex or Nikon. They also have a lifetime warranty and you know that they aren’t going anywhere .

Comment

• shooter80
      Bloodstained
      • May 2018

That's where I'm at I can get it for a smoking deal for 485 shipped opticsplanet sales it for 700 with 2 day air but I can also get the vortex Viper PST Gen 2 first focal plane for 775 bucks shipped

Comment

• Gringoloco
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

Comment

• GregP42
          Warrior
          • Mar 2015

To open a can of worms, I have 5 of their scopes, and all of them work great. I have the low end 1-4 30mm scopes on my .458 and Grendel pistols, I have two Mod 5 one on a 17 HMR and the other on a 17 Hornet, and a mod & on a Grendel bolt gun. I got good deals on all of them and talked to them a few times before getting the first one. They have answered all my questions and been great to talk with. I have had no issues with any of them. I have only been able to stretch them out to 600 so far with the Mod 7, and the Mod 5's to 400.

Greg

Comment

• Crracer712
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by FLshooter View Post
            But I'd rather own a Vortex or Nikon. They also have a lifetime warranty and you know that they aren't going anywhere .
            You sure about that😁(Nikon).

Old thread, but searching Riton scopes. Their warranty states, no proof of purchase necessary, no registration necessary. Replacement with new part only, no repaired or returns as a replacement.

I just picked up the mod 7 4-20x50 on woot, 215. Never heard of woot before, or Riton, but I'll take the chance.

Comment

• FLshooter
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

The tactical shop I go to ,Counterstrike tactical,just started carrying Riton scopes.I’d get one if I had a rifle to put it on.Mod 7 4-20x50

Comment

• Moose69
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2019

Sportsman?s Warehouse has had them on sale at a good price the last few weeks. Seem like a decent option but they are HEAVY.......kind of takes away from the svelte feel of the mini.

Comment

• redhat
                  Bloodstained
                  • May 2019

Originally posted by Crracer712 View Post
                  I just picked up the mod 7 4-20x50 on woot, 215. Never heard of woot before, or Riton, but I'll take the chance.
                  I've been ordering from Woot for more than a decade. They were bought out by Amazon a few years back. Not much risk in that part of the decision.

I picked up a few 1-4 Ritons on the current sale. For what they're charging I'll take the risk. At first glance it looks to be about the same quality as a Strike Eagle (though I agree with Moose - it's a bit of a pig; if lightweight is your thing, this isn't the scope for ya).

Comment

• Crracer712
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2018

Scope came in pretty quick! Great glass. Might be some of the best feeling/sounding turrets yet. Says made in Japan on bottom of the mod 7 5-20x50. Included sunshade and flip up caps(not Butler Creek) are nice addition.

Picked up two mod 5 3-9x40 scopes. They include flip up lens caps, no sunshade. Equally as nice of glass and turrets. These do not have any sort of 'made in xxx' markings indicated anywhere. Bought these two off of eBay 88 bucks free shipping. They were well worth the price.

Comment

• ike838
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2017

Ordered one of the 1-4 x 30 and one of the 5-25 mod 7's from woot. Came to just a bit over $500 shipped for the pair. Bit piggish as far their weights go but I'm not planning on dragging them around the countryside. It's my understanding that some of the weight comes from the extra thick scope bodies. The mod 7 was supposed to retail for close to $1500 when it was introduced a couple of years ago. Might have to put together a bolt action 6.5 creedmore to play with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X