• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeepster18_88
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Nikon P-series scope mounts

I have been looking at all the different options out there and really like the design of the P-SERIES. It's a light weight yet sturdy enough design that is high enough to make shooting comfortable. However, the ones I just received will not fit on my rail. I ended up getting some small filed and spent about an hour getting them to fit. I know it sounds crazy but I'm not a fan of the big and heavy mounts out there. Plus, these are half the price of a lot of the alternatives. I'm curious to hear if others have had the same issue with them though.
  • Rangerofthenorth
    Warrior
    • Dec 2018

If you are referring to the p-series individual ring mounts they slide in from the rear end of the upper with charging handle removed or pulled back.
    Last edited by Rangerofthenorth; 03-07-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• RobertFL
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

I have P-223 mounts on a 6.5 Grendel rifle and a APF 450 Bushmaster upper, no problems with fit. ***EDIT*** I have the one piece M-223 mounts
      Last edited by RobertFL; 03-08-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
        Warrior
        • May 2017

I use P223's with no problems, you might be a victim of "tolerance stack".

"They slide in from the rear end of the upper with charging handle removed or pulled back."

I have slipped mounted scopes off of one upper to another upper with no issues at all, and only minor adjustment afterward. Maybe I only got lucky.

I hope you didn't wind up filing in too much windage...
        Last edited by Mad Charlie; 03-07-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

Almost every online site that sells them has several reviews saying that they are undersized. It appears that it's hit or miss whether or not that you will get a set is opened enough. I slowly removed material evenly on top and bottom of each side of each mount. There is no slack like most scope mounts have. I actually prefer it in the end because it doesn't easily move without the bolts installed. If there's an issue with windage, I could very easily remove a small amount and still be tighter than most mounts are. BTW, that's assuming that they were very straight to begin with. I've bought rings before that the scope wouldn't adjust far enough and spun them around and managed to get them to work. I've definitely learned that good products and cheap junk and the price tag doesn't always let you know which you are getting.

Comment

• Rangerofthenorth
            Warrior
            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
            I use P223's with no problems, you might be a victim of "tolerance stack".

"They slide in from the rear end of the upper with charging handle removed or pulled back."

I have slipped mounted scopes off of one upper to another upper with no issues at all, and only minor adjustment afterward. Maybe I only got lucky.

I hope you didn't wind up filing in too much windage...
            Referring to the two pack individual p-series rings, not the cantilever one piece mount. They are the only ones that I have come across that install that way. One reason I ditched them.

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

No, if I'm not mistaken the one piece are an M-series. These are the 2 piece. Looking around it appears that there are a lot of them that have to slide into place instead of drop on. I didn't like the design of most of the drop on or they used cheesy looking hardware that I've had fail in the past. I really think these are a more solid option than most of the two piece and are lighter than the one piece. I also don't like how most one piece are unsupported at the front which would be easier to get knocked off or bent during a fall in rough terrain. I wrote this to let others know that this is something that they might encounter with them, but it's not something that can't be used and I still think it's a better choice for my particular needs.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                Warrior
                • May 2017

I meant to say P series in my other post, sorry for the confusion. The P series are two piece and M series are one piece.
                There is an M223 also, that is one piece. P223 is my scope.

My M308 is a one piece 20 min. that clamps on. That one is still in the packaging though, haven't opened it yet. Might not.

I like the two piece because it's easy to mount a brass catcher, I'm just using the less expensive Caldwell catcher. It works.
                Last edited by Mad Charlie; 03-08-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X