• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaybee1669
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Athlon Midas 1-6x24 Gen1

So i'd been looking at various LPVO's over the last couple of weeks and was about to pull the trigger on either a Strike Eagle or PA 1-6 or 1-8. I'd had some time with a 1-4 in the past and wasn't sure if i felt it was worth it, the 6x and 8x options had my interests piqued. A deal on the Athlon Midas 1-6x popped up and i decided that for $219 i'd give it a shot.

Ordered Jan 30, hit my doorstep on Feb 7th. I gotta say that i'm really impressed with how clear the glass is on this little scope. Clarity is better than on my 4-14xFFP Primary Arms scope. Eye relief is good even at 6x. The one thing it's missing is 0 indicators for the turrets, so i'll be eye balling that once i get it zeroed and reset the turrets. Turrets are .1/2 MOA.

It's not overly heavy, it locks in nicely to the LaRue LT204 and has decent lit reticle. It's a bullet drop style, but should work for most 5.56. However, they do have the reticle layout measured in MOA so you can develop the drop for your own loads/gun. I'm considering buying another for a future project.

• A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I'm really like my Argos 4-20 over my vortex scopes. If they still have this deal going on the 15th I might have too try and get one of these for my 16 inch grendel and change out the red dot and magnifier for this.

Comment

• jaybee1669
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      I'm really like my Argos 4-20 over my vortex scopes. If they still have this deal going on the 15th I might have too try and get one of these for my 16 inch grendel and change out the red dot and magnifier for this.
      I'll say this, at 1x with the reticle lit it would be easy to use as a red dot with both eye open. I have yet to see if the dot is "day light" bright since it was so overcast and i don't really have good light in my apt.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by jaybee1669 View Post
        I'll say this, at 1x with the reticle lit it would be easy to use as a red dot with both eye open. I have yet to see if the dot is "day light" bright since it was so overcast and i don't really have good light in my apt.
        Good too know sir, thank you.

? Is it a true 1 power? Reason why I didn't go with the strike eagle a few months back is the one I had my hands on was closer too 1.75 instead of 1x.

Comment

• jaybee1669
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
          Good too know sir, thank you.

? Is it a true 1 power? Reason why I didn't go with the strike eagle a few months back is the one I had my hands on was closer too 1.75 instead of 1x.
          Anything out past a couple yards looks like 1x to me.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by jaybee1669 View Post
            Anything out past a couple yards looks like 1x to me.
            Good deal sir, thank you for the intel.

Comment

Working...
            X