What do you guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys...

think is the best replacement single stage trigger ? I'm gonna replace my standard one in my AA lower soon and Thought I'd ask some of the pros with the grendel experience what they'd recommend. I've only been shooting the grendel for about a month now but I love it. As for AR's I've got over 11 yrs exp. with m4s , m16s and ar15s.
    One more thing , I'm gonna order the KNS Precision trigger group pins, do I need the
    .1555 or the .154 pins?
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Wilson Combat TTU single stage breaks a ~4 lbs, and is a darn good unit. No take-up, short overtravel, crisp break, and reliable ignition with thicker primers (like CCI #41's).
    Drifter

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Alexander Arms Tactical Trigger.

I've had 3, every one feels exactly the same, breaks like glass.

Comment

I would have to agree on the Alexander Arms Tactical. I have one theres basically no travel you pull the trigger slightly maybe eighth of an inch at click. Maybe even less than an eighth lol. Good trigger for the money and looks good to.

Comment

• michaelmew

I've got 2 stages on my rifles, but have shot on a friend's AR with a Timney. It was nice. And, it was a "drop-in" solution; no springs or anything else to mess with. I believe it was ~3lb.

Comment

Of all of them that I have used, the geissele triggers feel the best to me. I have had good results with the RRA. Occasionally, I get light strikes with an LMT.

Edit: Missed the single stage part of the post.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-04-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by AR-180 View Post
              Of all of them that I have used, the geissele triggers feel the best to me. I have had good results with the RRA. Occasionally, I get light strikes with an LMT.
              Geissele makes a single stage? The OP asked about single stage triggers.

Comment

Geissele doesn't make a single stage trigger, but it is my opinion that no single stage trigger is as nice as a Giessele two stage nor will any single stage trigger hold up to hard use as well as a Giessele. I have over 14,000 rounds and countless dry fires on one of my Geissele's.
                Bob

Comment

• michaelmew

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
                  ... it is my opinion that no single stage trigger is as nice as a Giessele two stage ...
                  +1 for Geissele. The 2 stage triggers I referenced earlier are a Geissele and a RRA. If you have an open mind about a 2 stage, I would highly reccomend a Geissele.

Comment

• wheelguner
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2011

My Sabre Defence came with a Timney and I am very satisfied and have no intention of replacing it.

Comment

I have several Timney triggers also and would not replace them, but if I were buying new I would choose the Geissele over the Timney. One of my Timneys is in my Les Baer Thunder Ranch, I requested a Geissele but Les said no, the Timney was the best trigger you could get. That was about three years ago, today he puts Geissele in his top line AR's.
                      Bob

Comment

• Kikn
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2011

I'm using AA tactical trigger. It breaks very clean just a tiny bit of creep; but at that point it's breaking anyway.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

I have mostly KAC triggers, but I'll be going with geisseles in the future.
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

For single stage, I use JP triggers. They are hard to beat, and the AA/Mega is basically the same trigger as the JP, only JP has a standard trigger bow protruding from the lower. Set them up to run crisp, with no over-travel, and they are great. Night and day difference between a stock trigger. I polish the sear engagement surfaces, use JP springs, and prefer the JP speed hammer so you don't have light strikes with the reduced power hammer spring. You often have to time the disconnector, but if you follow the instructions, it's a fairly simple task for someone with an IQ over 85.

Comment

Working...
                            X