• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Sonicking Scope Results

I was going to post this in the 24" Bear Creek Upper thread but I thought the thread was hijacked enough so I will start a new one.
    Here is a box test I shot with the SONICKING Tactical 3-9x40 AO scope. I didn't post it until now because I know how people get about cheap scopes.
    The tracking surprised me greatly. Deuce on Youtube first brought this to my attention.

I now have eight of them bought a few at a time.
    Only time will tell how stable it is.

Last edited by bj139; 12-03-2018, 01:14 AM.
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

This was shot with another one of my eight Sonicking scopes.
    Last edited by bj139; 12-03-2018, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Next step: mount/dismount each of the 8, and re-run the test. This will speed up your wait a little. Also will give a much larger sample with which to make a more educated statement. I’m not going to be surprised though, if you show up to the range somewhere and your scope will not track or maintain zero.

Not a slam, just an opinion based off experience and investigation. Time will indeed tell. Best of luck.
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• imaguy3
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

I honestly would not buy one based on this picture alone on their Amazon ad. There is so much wrong in this photo... including the scope photo-shopped onto the rifle...

sonicking.PNG

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
          Next step: mount/dismount each of the 8, and re-run the test. This will speed up your wait a little. Also will give a much larger sample with which to make a more educated statement. I’m not going to be surprised though, if you show up to the range somewhere and your scope will not track or maintain zero.

Not a slam, just an opinion based off experience and investigation. Time will indeed tell. Best of luck.
          I will eventually get to shooting them all.
          I bought a used Savage bolt action recently which came with a Bushnell scope. When I sighted it in, I adjusted for 5 MOA and got 3 MOA movement.
          I then adjusted 2 MOA and got 3 MOA movement. That is what I have seen from cheap scopes, until now.
          The rifle now has one of the Sonickings. I have not shot it yet.
          You could have knocked me over with a blade of grass when I first tried the Sonicking. Tracking like this not supposed to happen with cheap scopes.
          Last edited by bj139; 12-10-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• bj139
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post
            I honestly would not buy one based on this picture alone on their Amazon ad. There is so much wrong in this photo... including the scope photo-shopped onto the rifle...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13313[/ATTACH]
            I wouldn't have bought the first one without seeing the many tests reported on Youtube. I wish they had tactical turrets.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

$35 for a rifle optic to mount on a semi-auto?

I predict it will break soon. After all I've seen from the cheap scopes like that, it never works out well.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                $35 for a rifle optic to mount on a semi-auto?

I predict it will break soon. After all I've seen from the cheap scopes like that, it never works out well.
                I'll be sure to let you know if one breaks from recoil or otherwise.

Comment

• blazerb
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2018

They must have seen this - they doubled the price.

Comment

• bj139
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by blazerb View Post
                    They must have seen this - they doubled the price.
                    The price did go up and down. I got the first one at $30, the next two for $25, the next four for $19, returned one of the four for a missing screw, then two more for $27. That's $/each of course.
                    Last edited by bj139; 01-03-2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• jaybee1669
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13313[/ATTACH]
                      So you're saying you don't run 17degree offsets on your scope?

Comment

• BCHunter
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2018

Glad they are working out for you,...I always follow buy the best optic you can afford at the time.

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

I will do a box test on a few of the other Sonicking scopes in the Spring and an SWFA or two as well.
                          I should make a test fixture like this. It sure is much easier with no shooting.

Right now, I am trying to shoot a deer with a flintlock in Pennsylvania's last week of the season.
                          I didn't see any deer today in a heavily hunted state park. The deer that are left are extremely wary.

Comment

Working...
                          X