Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texasgrunt

Zero Stop for Leupold?

Anyone know a source for Zero Stop turrets or a modification that won't void a warranty on Leupold Mk 4 ERT?

Grunt

Premier Reticles used to do custom Leupold work, but I don't know if that included a zero-stop feature. I think it was more reticle and FFP stuff. Kenton Industries does custom knobs, but a zero-stop mechanism needs to be built from the ground up usually.

It's a shame, because the new Leupold Mk IV glass is quite impressive-very sharp, with beautiful light transmission and excellent color representation. I was pretty blown away looking through one recently, to be honest, and I wrote off Leupold a long time ago. The turrets are still mushy on a lot of their stuff, so that is non-starter for me.

They would really have something if they took care of the turrets for positive click value, and added a zero-stop, with turret increments matching the reticles.

Comment

• texasgrunt

Would building building a nylon shim (washer) to make a rigged zero stop work? I can't see that it would do anything to damage the scope as it would just create an artificial bottom for teh turret.

I have the M5 turrets, so they do match the reticle increments. I set that up as one of my "must haves" when picking a scope.

Thanks

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I've heard of using rubber o-rings. Might have to experiment with different thicknesses. It would probably be somewhat of a soft stop, and might not be exactly on zero, but it would be inexpensive to try and perhaps better than no stop whatsoever.

This may sound ridiculous, but this type of mod could potentially void the manufacturer's warranty. Thus, any changes should be undone before sending a scope in for service or repair.
        Drifter

Comment

• texasgrunt

I'll call leupold today and see what I can get out of them. I will report back what they tell me.

Appreciate the input.

Comment

• texasgrunt

They told me they have nothing. Said I could shim it without damaging the scope. Maybe they'll make this a standard feature in the near future? I do like the glass.

Grunt

Comment

Working...
            X