• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Londerko
    Warrior
    • Apr 2018

Elander 4rd Magazine

Anyone have one?
    Are they just a 10 rounder with a limiter block in it? Or are they actually a different magazine?
  • Lastrites
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

They are a 10rd with the block made out of a tightly coiled mag spring at the base of the spring creating the block. To convert back to a full 10 you would need to source a new mag spring.

Comment

• Londerko
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

Ok thank you
      Good to know
      I was actually considering the opposite.
      I already have 2 - 10 round mags, just trying to decide the best way to block them to 4 or 5 rounds for hunting purposes.
      Seems silly to buy a 4 round Elander mag if I already have 10s and they are the same body

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Buddy of mine took a piece of styrofoam packing that came in a computer monitor, he said he thinks it wound up being like a 13/16 thick "sheet", and cut it roughly the right size, and stuffed it in from the bottom. Then, he mixed some JB weld, and poured it in from the top, making something like a 1/4" plug atop the styrofoam. Then, he cut and bent the spring to fit and viola! He's been using them since mag limits were in place in his state, so many years, no hiccups. It's not easily removable, especially in the field, and both times he's been stopped by a warden, they complimented his creative compliance with the regs. I'll email him again to see if I can get some pictures of it.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Londerko
          Warrior
          • Apr 2018

That would be awesome!
          Thank you

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

One of the blocks I made a while ago for an AR mag reduction I needed at the time. The bottom spring get slipped into the hole to retain it position and it rides in between the coils.
            Last edited by Lastrites; 06-16-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X