Scope for 16" AA lite barrel primarily for hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JuanC
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
    Have you taken delivery of this? I've been eyeing them for a couple of years and just never pulled the trigger. With the introduction of the Gen II models, I was hoping for good clearance pricing. Apparently there weren't a lot of them laying around and they just kind of vanished from the Optics Planet and SWFA site. I managed to place an order at CamerlandNY. Vortex is supposed the fill the order but it's been a couple of weeks and still no scope. I hope you have better luck than me.
    It comes in some time today, i purchased from AA optics. I seen them as an online dealer on the Vortex site.

Comment

• JuanC
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2017

Was wanting to know if there was a formula for bullet drop? I have a range local to me but its only 100 yards. Im trying to figure out what my best zero distance should be and how much the bullet will drop over different distances.

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

There are lots of ballistic calculators on the web that you can use to figure out an approximation of what yours will do. http://apps.vortexoptics.com/lrbc/ as an example.

http://apps.vortexoptics.com/lrbc/#?basic_id=230696 (this link may work for a completed sample)

If you want accurate numbers, you need to chronograph your rifle with the ammo you plan on using, and log the temperature of the ammo, and ambient air (ammo temps play a factor in muzzle velocity).

If you are sticking with your original intent of a max range of 350 yards, I'd zero at 100. You will have about 27" of total drop at 350 with a 1.75 scope height.
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• WillSilo
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2016

I believe Viper PST is a great scope. It's actually one of the best. Well, at least as far as cheap scopes go, but it definitely worth its money, even if it doesn't cost all that much.

Comment

Working...
          X