• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hikfromstik
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

iscope adapter

Anyone used the iscope bolt on adapter to fix a smart phone to a scope ? My daughter wants to hunt ,but my gun doesn't fit her , so this maybe the next best thing besides buying a new gun . Our lgs sells them , but wanted to investigate before I buy one . The neat thing is being able to record the kill shot .
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

check reviews on amazon
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• hikfromstik
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

Very few reviews on amazon . Of the few reviews they were mixed . Some of the reviewers suffer from dumbitis it sounds like . One guy gave it 1 star because you have to remove the phone case for it to fit ( iscope makes a version to use with phone case).

Comment

• Drillboss
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

From what I can see, these devices don't work well with rifle scopes, since scopes need 3 or 4 inches of eye relief. They're great for spotting scopes, binoculars, and microscopes that don't need much eye relief.

Comment

• hikfromstik
          Warrior
          • Oct 2016

@ drill boss That is a good point. Also scopes have parallax that if the shooter isn't in line perfectly straight then the cross hair line moves left or right. I'm surprised that in this digital age someone hasn't invented a digital scope similar to how a digital camera works. If somebody knows of one let me know.

Comment

• hikfromstik
            Warrior
            • Oct 2016

I'll answer my own question. I googled digital rifle scope and found the ATN X sight II 5-20 .Very cool scope . May have to add to my Chr list.

Comment

• RicosRevenge
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

What rifle? I'm more interested in helping your daughter hunt before she loses interest.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

My AR grendel is what she has shot maybe 20 rounds through. . She is really wanting a gun , so to keep her interested I will probably get her the CZ 527 carbine 7.62x39 . It's short and fits her fine and comes with a nice steel open site . Our lgs has them for $569. We are friends with the owners and he may knock a bit more off.

Comment

• Drillboss
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2015

Does your AR Grendel have a collapsible stock? If not, can you put one on it?

My first deer rifle a few years ago was a Ruger Hawkeye in 7-08. I cut an inch or two off of the stock to fit my wife and daughter.

I really miss that gun. (Can't find a teardrop emoticon)

Comment

• hikfromstik
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2016

It is adjustable. Bad part is the 24" .936" barrel. We shot more this afternoon and she did way better. On our first range outing the sun was messing with the scope vision . She is getting the hang of it now . She hit about 4" @100yds. If she can control the flinch I believe she can shoot as good as the gun will shoot . Women are very good at match shooting.

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2016

Well, good on you for getting her set up! I can see where a heavy 24" barrel might jack with her a bit.

Is she releasing the trigger and popping her head up as soon as the gun goes off? I've noticed that a bunch with young shooters and it sometimes is diagnosed as a flinch. Do you have a .22 that she can shoot a bit to get used to trapping the trigger and staying on the scope without the bigger "bang?'

Either way, thanks for getting the next generation into shooting/hunting.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2016

She has a 22 . She is one heck of a shot with it . She is really wanting that CZ . I'm debating between the 223 or 7.62x39 . I have butt loads of 223/5.56 . Don't want to stock up on more ammo . I'm the type that digs for the best deals on match ammo then hordes it ,lol

Comment

• Chrazy-Chris
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2015

You could just build a lighter weight upper for that Grendel. The 16" AA lite barrel looks nice and it seems like people have gotten good results from it. You could also choose a lighter weight 1" tubed scope to help cut down on weight, too.

...Eventually you'd probably want to just pick up another lower though and have two different guns.

That CZ is really nice - a family friend has the 7.62x39 and it's amazing how accurate it is. He's killed several deer with it. You might want to make sure it's okay to use steel-cased ammo in it, but if so - that would be a really cheap option for her to practice with, shooting offhand and such.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2016

Comment

• 1075 tech
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
                              You could just build a lighter weight upper for that Grendel. The 16" AA lite barrel looks nice and it seems like people have gotten good results from it. You could also choose a lighter weight 1" tubed scope to help cut down on weight, too.

...Eventually you'd probably want to just pick up another lower though and have two different guns.

That CZ is really nice - a family friend has the 7.62x39 and it's amazing how accurate it is. He's killed several deer with it. You might want to make sure it's okay to use steel-cased ammo in it, but if so - that would be a really cheap option for her to practice with, shooting offhand and such.
                              +1 on building another Grendel. That 16" AA will put you into a 7# rifle. Mine is right about 7 1/2 with scope and 5 round mag. Get Wolf steel for plinking ammo.

My kids are older but are good shots with their 243's and 308 bolt guns. Just getting them into the fun world of the MSR.

Comment

Working...
                              X