• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

20 moa scope mounts

Checking out some of the 20moa mounts like at vortex and some other places and they are all fixed 20moa mounts. I have found some others that are adjustable which interests me allot more but they cost over $500. Do you guys know of any moa adjustable scope mounts that are more reasonably priced? I understand this is probably something you don't want to go cheap on in quality which probably justifies the price but let me know if you guys have some suggestions.
    Last edited by Bigs28; 09-14-2016, 11:10 PM.
  • lrgrendel
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Might be a dumb question but what are the benefits of an adjustable MOA scope mount??
    I have a rifle with a built in 20 MOA rail and I have another rifle with a separate mount also with 20 MOA built in....

I can shoot from zero to 1200yds with enough travel. Scopes are a Vortex PST and a Nightforce Competition....
    Last edited by lrgrendel; 09-15-2016, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

I have a nikon monarch that's 1/4th moa per click and you have to remove the caps. Was looking for something hopefully quicker to access and maybe 1moa clicks to adjust faster and easier counting to 10 instead of 40.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

No sense in having adjustments in both a scope and a base. Much cheaper to have only one, the scope.

That said, SPUHR have an adjustable base mechanism for reflex sights.
        BAM Ballistic Adjustable Mount The BAM mount is intended to provide Aimpoint M4 sight’s with multiple distance settings. It comes as standard with settings for either 5,56 or 7,62 and it´s fu…

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

I will stick with the adjustments in the scope. I guess if you have a scope you really like that doesn't really have turrets available then a dialiable mount could make sense, but with the quality of todays scopes I prefer scope dialing. That said I prefer lockable turrets so they do not move when not wanted.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

The only dial rail I have used is for crossbows from HHA and it works very well. Have wondered if it is tough enough for a mild recoiling round like the Grendel.

Comment

Working...
            X