X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank45
    Warrior
    • Mar 2016

I went with the LMT DMR556 because I already had a carbine buffer. I haven't finished my build yet but it seems to be well made.

Comment

• Moonshine44
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2015

Thanks again for the info, folks!
      If it ain't fun, why bother doin' it?

Comment

• Redomen
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

Primary arms sells the prs for $209.00

Comment

• Rickc
          Warrior
          • Aug 2016

Well I have the PRS on my 6mm ar turbo with a 26 inch barrel. Really like it off the bench.

But the lower on my grendel has an A2. I really like it. No wiggle like the PRS. All my carbine stocks wiggle. I have a bag rider for bench shooting and with it the A2 rides the bags like the PRS.

The A2 is just way more versatile. This is a hog gun first not a range gun. With the A2 and an 18" JP Lightweight barrel rifle weighs a little over 7# and balances very well.

A2 may look a little plain Jane but it is a great stock for an AR.

Comment

• Moonshine44
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2015

Ran out of funds before I got a stock purchased, then did some finagling at my last bench session and got several five shot groups that could be covered with a nickel. Posted a pic of one in the reloading forum...

Rick, I just can't seem to make myself like the look of the A2 stock. Kind of a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing, I guess...
            If it ain't fun, why bother doin' it?

Comment

• Rickc
              Warrior
              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Moonshine44 View Post
              Ran out of funds before I got a stock purchased, then did some finagling at my last bench session and got several five shot groups that could be covered with a nickel. Posted a pic of one in the reloading forum...

Rick, I just can't seem to make myself like the look of the A2 stock. Kind of a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing, I guess...
              No kidding. To me all AR's are fugly

And a bolt gun or a nice over and under or side by side with some nice wood is a work of art

Comment

• wheelguner
                Warrior
                • Oct 2011

My Bench/BiPod Stock

I looked at a lot of stocks for bench rest and Bipod shooting and settled on the Choate (http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/16-01-02) shown in the image.
                I removed the sling swivel and it rides my rear bag (with a little Talc) very well and Is outstanding for prone with the pod.

20 in Lite Hynter and 24 in Overwatch Small 2_edited-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X