• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pistolpeta
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2016

20 MOA scope mount

Hey Guys , Im getting a 30mm scope. looking for a 20moa scope mount for it. anyone used the nikon p-223 s30mm 20moa scope mount?
    dont want to spend too much, weight isnt the issue.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I haven't used Nikon but another option is Vortex is going to or has released one piece 20 MOA mount.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

I did and was not at all impressed.

After a poor experience with the $100 Nikon 20 MOA mount, I ordered the ADM Recon QD, also with a 20 MOA elevation. (What I should have done, in the first place.) Up to this point, I've harbored my doubts about QD mounts being able to Return to Zero, and have expressed them here on the board. Well, I am now ready to eat those

Problem with the Nikon was the construction. It is not a 1 piece mount; the rings are on one section, separate from the mount. I found the the scope would not zero even remotely consistently after removal.

For another $50-60, you can do much better, imo.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• pistolpeta
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2016

Im trying to keep the mount under $100, anybody know about scope ring inserts that cant 20 moa?

Comment

• Heinz57grendel
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2016

Buy an aadmount and you won't be disappointed. They cost a little but are worth it.

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2015

Boy, am I glad I breezed through this morning. I have been waiting for MONTHS for Jon Aadland to get the 20 MOA mounts in. I just happened to check after seeing this thread again and BEHOLD they were in stock.

I ordered one immediately!!!

Can't wait to have the opportunity to get it and install and revisit zero on the scope.

Comment

• Keep The Change
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

Oh-no, I've been considering buying an AADMount as well. Has there been a supply issue on these?
              Are these newer models or something?

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
                Bloodstained
                • Apr 2015

I surely hope that I scored. I went back to the aadmount website and now it shows backordered rather than in stock.

Guess an email will be in order to verify with Jon.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2013

SWFA carries them. You can give them a shot. Not to hijack the thread but is the only difference with the 3rd gen AADMount is that it is lighter?

Comment

• Heinz57grendel
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2016

I don't know? I have a first gen

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by pistolpeta View Post
                      Im trying to keep the mount under $100, anybody know about scope ring inserts that cant 20 moa?
                      With a riser, you can get a set of the Burris Signature Zee rings, with up to 20 MOA incline, but rings or mounts aren't an area you want to go cheap in. Me, I personally like the fewest number of interfaces, which is why I like one piece mounts. Less to adjust or troubleshoot, if you wind up with a wandering zero.
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Keep The Change
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2013

Pistol, you could try the Burris PEPR one piece mount. It's not as expensive as the AADMounts. I agree with NugginFutz. If you are going to use this gun a lot I would be willing to spend a little more to take care of that scope.

Comment

• Rainman
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2015

I have 20 MOA American Defense mounts in 30 and 34 mm, a 1" Aero Precision, two Burris P E P R, one each QR and bolt on, and a SWFA S S A L T mount. The ADM mounts are consistently repeatable to half MOA. or less The Burris and S S A L T mounts are reliably repeatable to +/- 1 MOA and I have not tested the Aero Precision. The more expensive mounts offer CNC machined precision and durability while the Burris and SWFA mounts I have read are MIM. If durability and rough usage are issues step up to the ADM or similar price range. I would have all ADM mounts if I could afford it unless I wanted super light weight which is why I bought the Aero Precision for my AA Light Weight upper.

Comment

• ahorseman
                            Unwashed
                            • Nov 2015

Yes and I like it a lot. I also have a PEPR mount and it is heavier duty. The Nikon mount is on a 20 inch LBC. If I was gonna drag it around or bang it around the PEPR would be a better choice. Since I don't do those things the Nikon has worked quite well.

Comment

• pistolpeta
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2016

thanks for the replies guys!

I will be going with a single piece mount.
                              I looked on the site but i couldnt find any information on the amout of adjustment that the
                              SWFA SS 10x42 has. will I even need a 20moa mount to reach 1000yards?

Comment

Working...
                              X