• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Chrony Problem

Does anyone have any insight into Shooting Chrony's? I have been using an F-1 Master for a few years without many issues. When I set it up yesterday and got it to flashing its ready signal, it wouldn't record anything, no velocities, no errors, nothing.

I shot about 30 rounds over it and it just kept flashing the ready signal. This morning I set it up again and shot a 22 over it. Full sun, shaded from the sun, high shots, low shots, still nothing.

The manual indicates that if the "AL" and flashing symbols are on, then all is good.

I hope this is the correct category for the question. I didn't see one that looked better.
    Last edited by Drillboss; 09-26-2015, 04:55 PM.
  • 204 AR
    Warrior
    • Sep 2015

I often wondered if those sensors get dusty and fail to pick up light. Might try blowing them off with canned air? I have an old Chrony, probably 13 or 14 years old and still works some how.

Comment

• Drillboss
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Nope. Last time I had it out I was getting a lot of error readings. Scrubbed the sensors good with alcohol and it worked fine for the rest of the session.

This time, nada.

Comment

• Drillboss
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

For what it's worth, if anybody ever sees a similar problem, the issue is in the ends of the telephone cord connecting the unit to the remote display. If the plastic between the conductors gets mangled a little to the point some of them don't make good contact then the problem arises. Debris in the connectors could also cause the same problem.

A little surgery with a razor blade under a microscope solved the problem. Hat's off to the Chrony technical support line.

Comment

• wfa17332
          Bloodstained
          • May 2015

I'm with Drillboss - check that all your connectors are clean and tight.

Comment

Working...
          X