Originally posted by bachekermooni View Post
    Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks.
    their website says .120 is most asked for

Comment

• bachekermooni
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2018

Thanks. I looked but could not find it. Do you have a link?

Comment

• LtDan
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

Here it is on the bottom of the page http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/custo...bore-neck.html

Comment

• LtDan
          Warrior
          • Sep 2017

Have you had your barrel reamed yet? I want to build one also

Comment

• bachekermooni
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2018

LtDAN. Yes. The rifle is finished and the break-in is complete. The problem I have is with the 90 gr Hornady ELD-X. When I load it being 20 mil off of lands, I get this (2.1890" COL). That leaves me very little room for powder. At 29 gr of CFE 223 and 28 gr of TAC it is getting compressed already.

I am going to the range on Fri to see what happens. My GS told me if needed he will add another 50-60 thou to the throat. Not sure if that is a good idea.
            Attached Files

Comment

• LtDan
              Warrior
              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by bachekermooni View Post
              LtDAN. Yes. The rifle is finished and the break-in is complete. The problem I have is with the 90 gr Hornady ELD-X. When I load it being 20 mil off of lands, I get this (2.1890" COL). That leaves me very little room for powder. At 29 gr of CFE 223 and 28 gr of TAC it is getting compressed already.

I am going to the range on Fri to see what happens. My GS told me if needed he will add another 50-60 thou to the throat. Not sure if that is a good idea.
              That seems a little short in the throat none of the 6.5 barrels (5) are that short in the throat. I think you need to bump it a little more. My BHW 6.5 G barrel is the tightest throat and the coal for the 95 vmax which is the fattest ogive at .020 off 2.212

Comment

• soloelcap
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2017

Your OAL of 2.189 sounds about right. In my 6mm Grendel barrel with an 87 V-Max I get 2.120 OAL touching the lands. What kind of speed are you getting with 29. CFE? My testing results CFE shot very well with the 87 V-Max.
                I'd leave the throat as is. PTG probably has a good reason for the reamer specs.
                NRA Mid Range Tactical Prone High Master, NRA High Power Rifle Master, NRA F-Class Mid Range Expert, Master of the Stone

Comment

• bachekermooni
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2018

headed to the range tomorrow. I am taking new Lapua cases - prepped, 87 BTHP and 90 ELD-X, TAC and CFE powders, 400 and 450 primers and seater, LE Wilson micrometer seater, arbor press, Hornady powder thrower with micrometer, and my scale - and of course the chrony. WIll report in the afternoon.

Comment

• soloelcap
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2017

Cool. Sounds like you know what you are doing, that is the professional way to work up loads, at the range. Let us know how it goes. I haven't tried the 87 HPBT Match yet, I can't wait to see what speeds you get.
                    NRA Mid Range Tactical Prone High Master, NRA High Power Rifle Master, NRA F-Class Mid Range Expert, Master of the Stone

Comment

• Overwatcher
                      Unwashed
                      • Mar 2015

I am 2.220 COAL to the lands with the 90 ELD-X and one of Rithces .243 LBC(BHW barrel). Youll have to give us a range report. I just got some 90's in and will have some ready for the range this week.

Just some side notes from the Labradar
                      87 Berger VLD-2830 AVG 18" BHW.
                      Also a friend with a 22" TBOX 6 Grendel-2920 with 87's
                      Some minor smileys on the brass,But both flat nodes on the warmer end.
                      Last edited by Overwatcher; 06-04-2019, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• bachekermooni
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Overwatcher View Post
                        I am 2.220 COAL to the lands with the 90 ELD-X and one of Rithces .243 LBC(BHW barrel). Youll have to give us a range report. I just got some 90's in and will have some ready for the range this week.

Just some side notes from the Labradar
                        87 Berger VLD-2830 AVG 18" BHW.
                        Also a friend with a 22" TBOX 6 Grendel-2920 with 87's
                        Some minor smileys on the brass,But both flat nodes on the warmer end.
                        Thanks for the info. So my 6 mm AR throat is very close to your 243 LBC (only 0.01 shorter).

I will post the results of my 87 VLD tests. It will be late next week.

Comment

Working...
                        X