About to throw this thing out the window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to throw this thing out the window

Well after much help on this forum I still can't get this thing to shoot. I have purchased the best possible parts I can afford to everyone's advice and still I have used up 7 boxes of ammo and can not get this thing to cycle. I haven't even been able to sight in my scope.

Anyways, 24" BHW bull barrel,rifle length gas system,jp adjustable gas block,vltor upper,BCM carrier,Grendel bolt,BCM gunfighter charging handle,carbine magpul acs stock,H3 buffer,stock spring.

I have pulled everything apart more times than I would like to admit. The BCG slides in the upper like butter,the gun will cycle half way just enough to eject the shell but not enough to stay open or pickup the next round. Since I have been trying to get this thing to work I have only been able to get the bolt to lock twice. Also I have never been able to pickup the next round. I have tried one my of my 223 mags loaded with 5 rounds and also will not pickup or lock back. I have checked the gas tube for cracks and bulges and have found none. Checked gas key, and gas rings on bolt can't find anything wrong with them.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
  • Dogue
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

I'd start at the gas block and make sure it's lined up correctly over the hole and that the adjustment is wide open...also check for leaks at the block.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

check your gas port size with a drill index.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogue View Post
        I'd start at the gas block and make sure it's lined up correctly over the hole and that the adjustment is wide open...also check for leaks at the block.
        What should be used as a sealant under the gas block?

Comment

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
          check your gas port size with a drill index.
          I checked but not sure how big it is supposed to be. It is almost the same size as the gas block hole.

Comment

Gas port on barrel measures .107in or 2.75mm

Comment

• ericv
              Warrior
              • Oct 2011

Be patient, these guys here are great. But if you do lose patience please throw it through my window!!

Gas port size is pretty important so that's a good place to start.
              Rock Hollow Tactical Carbon Fiber Free Float Hand Guards
              www.rockhollowtactical.com

Comment

+1 on the gas system. Almost always the culprit in cases like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DIESEL758 View Post
                  I checked but not sure how big it is supposed to be. It is almost the same size as the gas block hole.
                  That sounds big,but would overgas you rather than undergas. get with BHW and find out what size you should have,it could be different with the polygonal rifling. Have you adjusted the gas block down to see what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                    That sounds big,but would overgas you rather than undergas. get with BHW and find out what size you should have,it could be different with the polygonal rifling. Have you adjusted the gas block down to see what happens?
                    I have tried every adjustment on the gas block.

Comment

• Drifter
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Have you tried a lighter buffer and / or weaker buffer spring? H3 might be too heavy if the system is appropriately gassed.
                      Drifter

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                        Have you tried a lighter buffer and / or weaker buffer spring? H3 might be too heavy if the system is appropriately gassed.
                        The only other buffer I treid is the stock buffer. Same results

Comment

A carbine recoil assembly with a 24" tube is kind of a "funky" setup. Do you have a rifle length Buffer, extension, spring, and stock to try instead?

Are you absolutely positive the gas ports are lined up? You should use blue LockTight to seal the gas block.

What ammo are you using when making adjustments to the gas block?

What what method are you using to make adjustments to the gas block? Are you starting adjustments with the gas block completely closed, to make sure that the block is actually closing off the flow of gas?

Comment

Originally posted by Bwild97 View Post
                            A carbine recoil assembly with a 24" tube is kind of a "funky" setup. Do you have a rifle length Buffer, extension, spring, and stock to try instead?

Are you absolutely positive the gas ports are lined up? You should use blue LockTight to seal the gas block.

What ammo are you using when making adjustments to the gas block?

What what method are you using to make adjustments to the gas block? Are you starting adjustments with the gas block completely closed, to make sure that the block is actually closing off the flow of gas?
                            #1 no I do not have rifle length setup to use
                            #2 yes the hole are lined up
                            #3 I was using wolf but yesterday I used nothing but hornady 123 a max
                            #4 yes starting the adjustment with it closed and 1/4 turns after and even tried 1/8 turns

Comment

I took the gas tube off and found that the mushroom part at the end had been ground off. I bought this tube from a gun show. Also there is black splatter all over the end of the tube.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X