• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drykilned
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Star line brass mag feed issue

Am i the only one having feed problems with starline brass and not hornady brass? I can get starline brass to feed through one mag, the only magpul plastic mag i have. It is a 10 rd mag for my 5.56. Hornady brass feeds fine through the c products grendel mag but starline will not. Starline will not feed through any mag except the magpul plastic.

Starline brass has a larger extraction groove than hornady. The vertical grooves in the metal magazines go all the way to the feed lip of the mag getting, narrower at the feed lip. These grooves grab the starline brass extraction groove and cause the round to not go fully into battery. Hornady brass with the extraction groove not being as large is not grabbed by these grooves and feed fine. The magpul does not have these grooves and therefore feed fine. I see no one else complaining about this. Why? Is there some other mag out there that does not have these grooves? I have used 2 c products mags (1 for 5.56 and 1 for 6.5 gr, both 10 rds), 2 20 round 5.56 mags, and 2 30 round 5.56 rounds, all with the same results. Hornady feeds fine, starline does not.

Advice? Thanks
Working...
X