X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calvarez
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2017

Not familiar with the case lube, but talking about the can with the red cap here: https://www.hornady.com/reloading/ca...-shot-cleaners

Comment

• drykilned
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

I think i have now resolved my mag feed problem. After modifying magazines, grinding the ejector, trying multiple magazines and numerous other things i dismantled the bcg and cleaned relubed everything using white lithium grease on everything instead of oil and that special "milspec" expensive grease. So far, works like a charm on both starline and hornady brass. I still, however have the accuracy/velocity problem. 140 gr speer hotcor @ 2110fps (max listed charge of cfe 223) is most accurate at 1" 4shot group with 1.75 including a called flyer! 123 sst sucks at any velocity, 2464fps max charge 31.2 cfe 223 (5.5") @ 100 yds. 18" 1:9 bca stainless 5r barrel, brownells type ii bcg. Trying 120 speer and/or 120 nosler bt next. To be used deer/hog hunting at under 300 yds, mostly 250 or less.

Vascar2, appreciate all the help. Any more suggestions welcome!

Comment

• swedeshooter
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2017

I had purchased a JSE Surplus Grendel upper, came with an AA BCG and the barrel made by Mossberg. After about 500 rounds of mostly brass and about a 100 or so of the Wolf Classic the extractor broke, the extractor spring and ejector spring needed to be replaced. Just waiting to install all the replacement parts. Am hoping I will resume shooting with this upper. Does anyone else have experience with the steel cased wolf classic in an AR15? To say I am hesitant to use more of the wolf classic ammo is an understatement. If anyone can offer personal experience with the steel classic please don't hesitate to reply!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by swedeshooter View Post
          I had purchased a JSE Surplus Grendel upper, came with an AA BCG and the barrel made by Mossberg. After about 500 rounds of mostly brass and about a 100 or so of the Wolf Classic the extractor broke, the extractor spring and ejector spring needed to be replaced. Just waiting to install all the replacement parts. Am hoping I will resume shooting with this upper. Does anyone else have experience with the steel cased wolf classic in an AR15? To say I am hesitant to use more of the wolf classic ammo is an understatement. If anyone can offer personal experience with the steel classic please don't hesitate to reply!
          I have probably close too 1500 rounds of it shot through a 18 inch jp grendel and my 16 inch AA barrel both barrels used the jp bolt but the 16 inch is useing a maxim firearms bolt now due to me rebarreling the 18 to a 20 and useing that 18 to build a friend his first ar and first grendel.

Both my bolts are true grendel bolts and not the .125 face bolt that JSE uses with their barrels.

Hope this helps sir.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

I had to do a bit of refining on the Extractor on my Radical upper, but other then that it worked well. I did have a couple problems with it short stroking trying to use too fast of powders in it, but using powders in the proper burn rate I have had no issues.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

The Wolf steel case ammo might or might not contribute to the failure of an extractor but I think a rifle being over gassed can contribute to extractor failures. I had an extractor on an AA bolt fail after a few thousand rounds. This bolt was used with a 16” carbine gas 6.5 Grendel. I had just started reloading for the 6.5 Grendel and had to mortar my rifle a few times. The extractor was also leaving marks on the case rims so probably needed some tweeking. The 16” 6.5 Grendel was over gassed with most factory ammo and ejected most brass to 2 O Clock.

Just curious was length barrel you have, was gas system (carbine, midlength, intermediate or Rifle length). Are you using an adjustable gas block and what buffer and spring are you using?

The extractor you got could’ve had improper heat treat or otherwise been defective. I don’t think an extractor should fail after 500 rounds regardless if it is steel or brass. I think you either got a bad extractor or maybe there is another issue contributing to the extractor failure.
              Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-24-2018, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• calvarez
                Bloodstained
                • Jul 2017

I've done around 400 rounds of Wolf though my BCA 20" complete upper, and probably 200 brass rounds. With my .223 rifles, they are nearly all Wolf, all the time, so a few thousand rounds. Never an issue.

I've heard two conflicting rumors:

1. Never let a round sit in a hot chamber because there's a coating on it that will melt then stick.

2. They no longer have that coating on them.

I never give it much thought either way, as I mostly deplete a magazine and the bolt locks open.

Comment

Working...
                X