• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

will not lock back on empty

i just finished building a 16" aa fluted barreled upper. it will not lock back on an empty
    magazine. any ideas what it could be?? i checked the gas block alignment, and the
    port is not plugged.
  • Jagorrell84
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2016

Does your magazine have the Hold Open on Last Round Tab? What magazine are you running?

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Give a complete description of buffer type, reciever extension, buffer spring, BCG brand and type and I'm sure we'll get it figured out. Adjustable gas block or no?

Richard
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• jonny rotton
        Warrior
        • Dec 2015

elander and asc mags. fixed gas block that is centered over the gas port. just a regular bolt carrier and ar spring and buffer. i do not know those brands. i did pick up a nickel
        boron carrier i will use now.

Comment

• Drillboss
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

Can we assume that the bolt catch does work when you use the charging handle? If so, I have to suspect an issue with the gas flow. I used a YHM clamp-on for my AA 16" build. Their instructions said to leave a 0.03" gap between the shoulder and the block. And if you keep reading, it says except for the model number I had. I missed that part. Mine would lock back on factory loads, but not with some starting charge reloads. After adjusting the gas block, it worked fine.

Comment

• Ragedracer1977
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2015

I have a couple ASC mags that do not 'trip' the bolt catch.

Comment

• ricsmall
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
              elander and asc mags. fixed gas block that is centered over the gas port. just a regular bolt carrier and ar spring and buffer. i do not know those brands. i did pick up a nickel
              boron carrier i will use now.
              If it's an ar15 neutered carrier as opposed to an m16 carrier, that could be a contributing factor. Sounds like it could be over gassed but hard to say really. Where is your brass landing, if muzzle direction represents 12:00, my brass lands about 3:00 when my gun is running smoothest. Check out the chart below for a good start at troubleshooting. If ur brass is right in the sweet zone, other troubles are present.

ETA. Look at different carriers in added link
              Richard

Last edited by ricsmall; 03-24-2016, 12:23 PM.
              Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• devildogandboy
                Warrior
                • Sep 2015

does the bolt catch function freely or is it sluggish like no oil?

Bruce
                HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment

Working...
                X