• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ragedracer1977
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    That's the problem with the Chinese and Russian optics. You might get one that actually holds up for a while, giving you a false sense of security. Then when you need it, it fails.

Sometimes that just happens out of the box. Spend the $200 on a good mount if we are talking about $200.

There are some good deals on Viper PSTs. Liberty Optics has always taken care of me.
    I have the PA scope mounted in a Larue LT745 mount.

Comment

• wraith1516
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Falcon makes a good scope also there Menace line is holding up well for a friend of mine he has over 3000 rounds on that scope with no problems also could look at the swfa ss line

Comment

• Ragedracer1977
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by wraith1516 View Post
        Falcon makes a good scope also there Menace line is holding up well for a friend of mine he has over 3000 rounds on that scope with no problems also could look at the swfa ss line
        Falcon Menace is, IIRC the exact same scope as the PA. Made in the same factory by the same people.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

I've read about failures being common with the Falcon Menace scopes as well. I think it was on Sniper's Hide.

Just found another review where they tried to make it look good even, but were open about the fact that tracking fails on them, there are continual issues with click adjustments, Chinese manufacture is mentioned, you get the picture.

Stay calm, buy a Vortex or NightForce, and enjoy.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Rainman
            Bloodstained
            • May 2015

You will not regret the end result of stepping up to a mid priced scope other than your wallet may whimper a bit. Worthy of your consideration IMO are the swfa.com SS 10 x and SS 3-15 x Tactical (FFP or SFP), Weaver Tactical (FFP) scopes and Viper HS/PST scopes in your choice of FFP or SFP. Leupold and Burris also make great products and offer combinations of options on various models that can be budget beaters if you shop carefully.

Comment

• Ragedracer1977
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
              You will not regret the end result of stepping up to a mid priced scope other than your wallet may whimper a bit. Worthy of your consideration IMO are the swfa.com SS 10 x and SS 3-15 x Tactical (FFP or SFP), Weaver Tactical (FFP) scopes and Viper HS/PST scopes in your choice of FFP or SFP. Leupold and Burris also make great products and offer combinations of options on various models that can be budget beaters if you shop carefully.
              I have a friend who gets dealer pricing on Vortex, so it looks like I'm going to get into a Viper PST 6-24 with mil reticle and turrets. Just have to move a couple items to come up with a little spare $. Buying a Lilja barrel drained my gun fund, lol.

Comment

Working...
              X