X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RangerRick

Equipment of the Champs

Hi All,

This isn't Grendel specific, but I thought you might be interested.

It's a list of the scopes, barrels, calibers, bullets, and cases used by the European F-Class champions.

RR

Notice the dominant barrel maker...Bartlein-almost all of them. Also notice every Open Class shooter is using 7mm short magnums of some type, with a lot of Norma brass necked down. That's my next AR10 project, a 7mm RSAUM pushing the 168 and 180gr Berger VLD's.

My .260 Rem has a Bartlein barrel in it, and it is a shooter.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Cool list. The World Champion 2010 team (US) for FTR almost all shot factory Savages with Nightforce scopes.

Comment

What I notice is not the barrel, action, scope, powder, case or primer. But the bullet that dominates, Berger. However, I will also point out the universal truth, it's the indian, not the arrow. Since they are almost exclusively shooting Berger bullets the real differentiation is the one steering the rig.
        As a side note I switched from Sierra to Berger bullets for this season and I've seen my average 600 yard slow prone score increase by .6% for 2012.
        Bob

Comment

I knew bartleins were real good, this makes me more confident that my grendel will be a shooter! I know things dont always work that way, but I should be in pretty good shape.thanks for info

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            Notice the dominant barrel maker...Bartlein-almost all of them. Also notice every Open Class shooter is using 7mm short magnums of some type, with a lot of Norma brass necked down. That's my next AR10 project, a 7mm RSAUM pushing the 168 and 180gr Berger VLD's.

My .260 Rem has a Bartlein barrel in it, and it is a shooter.
            Since you an AR-10 guy, can you give us a small run down of the 260 Rem vs the 7mm RSAUM.

Sometime in the near future I need to build a top end for a AR-10T lower, I'm still on the fence for calibers. It will be a target rifle, long range, and maybe used 1% in a hunting role.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
              What I notice is not the barrel, action, scope, powder, case or primer. But the bullet that dominates, Berger. However, I will also point out the universal truth, it's the indian, not the arrow. Since they are almost exclusively shooting Berger bullets the real differentiation is the one steering the rig.
              As a side note I switched from Sierra to Berger bullets for this season and I've seen my average 600 yard slow prone score increase by .6% for 2012.
              Bob
              Great shooters also know how to stack the deck in their favor. Good skills, Rifle and ammo, can't hurt!!!!

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Brag View Post
                Since you an AR-10 guy, can you give us a small run down of the 260 Rem vs the 7mm RSAUM.

Sometime in the near future I need to build a top end for a AR-10T lower, I'm still on the fence for calibers. It will be a target rifle, long range, and maybe used 1% in a hunting role.

Thanks.
                I'm not LRRPF52, but I can tell you that the RSAUM has significant advantages at distance, because you are tossing a higher BC bullet at similar or higher velocities. The disadvantage in some situation is that its a single stack mag, not a double stack.

The greater disadvantage is that you are somewhere around 23 pounds of recoil vs. about half or 60% with the .260.

Unfortunately, there still is no free lunch!

Comment

Working...
                X