• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

long range 28" gren testing

first up is the 123 eld-m over 28g of ar-comp at 500y

next up is the 135g a-tip over 28.5 g of ppv ( need to dbl check my log book on that one )
    1 7rd and one 3rd group

next step 1000y and then out in 200y increments
    Last edited by mel; 11-21-2020, 07:42 PM.
  • danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Very nice! What size gong at 500? My buddies range 15 minutes from my house has 15" round steel at 100, 300, and 525. I just received a 12"x20" silhouette from shootsteel that I think I can setup close to 1000.... nothing farther though.

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by danm View Post
      Very nice! What size gong at 500? My buddies range 15 minutes from my house has 15" round steel at 100, 300, and 525. I just received a 12"x20" silhouette from shootsteel that I think I can setup close to 1000.... nothing farther though.
      its a 8 and 12 inch i plan on using these out to 1500 or so

Comment

• danm
        Warrior
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by mel View Post
        its a 8 and 12 inch i plan on using these out to 1500 or so
        Oh sweet, 8" at 1500 should be a fun challenge! so you must have one of those ranges where you can set your targets and just drive farther back to get the longer distances?

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

Oh sweet, 8" at 1500 should be a fun challenge! so you must have one of those ranges where you can set your targets and just drive farther back to get the longer distances?
          Pretty much I have up to 3400y I can shoot here. Just move back to the distance u want

Comment

• PVBoom
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

Pretty much I have up to 3400y I can shoot here. Just move back to the distance u want
            When you decide to really push it, have fun with Coriolis Effect.

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

took it out to 1000y have to take a pic of the gong tommorow as the sun is starting to set and i didnt feel like driving back up to the targets
              anyways groups fell apart at 1000y put up a 4 inch group at 1000y was expecting 2inch , velocitys are climbing as the chamber heats up poi was raising with each shot need a more stable powder

Comment

• PVBoom
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

You could also try a JPE Thermal Dissipator

Hoping to benefit from anyone's experience. I am currently building a 6.5 cm using the JP barrel kit. I see the thermal dissipator is an option. Looks cool but not sure if I need it or not. I understand the concept but my thoughts are it may interfere with harmonics of a free floated bbl...

I was thinking of getting them for the 2 Lilja barrels I have, but they are offered for either .5, .65 or .75 contour barrels, not .725.
                Last edited by PVBoom; 11-22-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• mel
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2019

Originally posted by PVBoom View Post
                  You could also try a JPE Thermal Dissipator

Hoping to benefit from anyone's experience. I am currently building a 6.5 cm using the JP barrel kit. I see the thermal dissipator is an option. Looks cool but not sure if I need it or not. I understand the concept but my thoughts are it may interfere with harmonics of a free floated bbl...

I was thinking of getting them for the 2 Lilja barrels I have, but they are offered for either .5, .65 or .75 contour barrels, not .725.
                  interesting but those wouldnt even come close to fitting on my barrel

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

i got some new stuff on the way magento speed chrono , and i also picked up some more 107 tmk's to try out in this new build , my 20 hated them if my 28 likes them they will be moving

Comment

• JTB
                      Bloodstained
                      • May 2020

Comment

• mel
                        Chieftain
                        • Nov 2019

edit ok the chart wouldnt past into a post cleanly so lets do it this way

balictics calcs after my first round of a-tip testing supersonic till 1900 at 60* and my alitude sos is 1125
                        Last edited by mel; 11-29-2020, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• danm
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2014

That's impressive! Almost looks like a 16"-18" Creed chart

Comment

• mel
                            Chieftain
                            • Nov 2019

That's impressive! Almost looks like a 16"-18" Creed chart
                            it almost matches my 22" ar10 creed chart , i havent goten near the velocitys most ppl claim out of the creed in gas guns , and ive tried 4350/r16 , r16 is a lil better then h4350 for me , r17 has had top velocity's for me but it is severly temp unstable but is the only thing that comes even close to velocitys most claim , its ok for a short range hunting load as the spikes n dips wont be to bad but can use it for anything lr

im half tempted to try some staball 6.5

Comment

• danm
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2014

it almost matches my 22" ar10 creed chart , i havent goten near the velocitys most ppl claim out of the creed in gas guns , and ive tried 4350/r16 , r16 is a lil better then h4350 for me , r17 has had top velocity's for me but it is severly temp unstable but is the only thing that comes even close to velocitys most claim , its ok for a short range hunting load as the spikes n dips wont be to bad but can use it for anything lr

im half tempted to try some staball 6.5
                              I actually don't have a Creed, I was thinking the Sig Cross 18" but they've been recalled cuz of Nutnfancy vid. For a bolt gun I just jumped up to a Christensen MPR in 6.5PRC. It's all the horsepower I need. For ARs I'll stick with 5.56, 6.5G and ARC.

Comment

Working...
                              X