• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Cerakote

I've been following this company on IG and this guy is unbelievable when it comes to Cerakoting. I will be using him when it's time to do my SBR since he has a theme called Spartan Worn. It'll go perfect with my Spartan lower upper for my build.

12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
  • Dan_Backslide
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2014

So....are you actually posting pictures of yours or are you essentially advertising for this Cerakote business?

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

No I'm actually showing you a website to see pics of the pattern I like"Spartan Worn". I couldn't link the actual design since i was on my phone. I have never talked with the owner. He does great work in my opinion. What you or owners do is your choice.
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Dan_Backslide
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2014

Here you go, this should help. From top to bottom the patterns are Stormtrooper, Spartanworn, Battleworn, and Bloodworn. Anyways power to you.

I'm not really a fan of the scheme to be honest. How do I put it without seeming like I'm being a dick. It feels cheap and poorly done to me. And from what I'm seeing on the price list, they charge 30-50% more than my applicator of choice. For rifles if I was going to get multiple colors, I would get a Duracoat job since it would be cheaper.

But again that's my opinion, and another person's opinion on the internet is worth less than what you paid for it.

Comment

• am4966
          Chieftain
          • Jul 2014

It's no problem, I also like the kryptek stuff. I'm sure when the time comes for the paint to there will be something new I like

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dan_Backslide View Post
            http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...20005865_n.jpg

Here you go, this should help. From top to bottom the patterns are Stormtrooper, Spartanworn, Battleworn, and Bloodworn. Anyways power to you.

I'm not really a fan of the scheme to be honest. How do I put it without seeming like I'm being a dick. It feels cheap and poorly done to me. And from what I'm seeing on the price list, they charge 30-50% more than my applicator of choice. For rifles if I was going to get multiple colors, I would get a Duracoat job since it would be cheaper.

But again that's my opinion, and another person's opinion on the internet is worth less than what you paid for it.
            Cerakote is a whole world of durable past Durakote. Durakote is cheaper for a reason, it doesn't have anywhere close to the durability of Cerakote.

Comment

• TacBlade
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2014

The Tanish, Battle worn is the shit!!! I gotta get that!!!

Red Creek Tactical out of Utah is doing some items of mine right now. They do some good work!

Comment

• Tedward
                Banned
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                It's no problem, I also like the kryptek stuff. I'm sure when the time comes for the paint to there will be something new I like
                Good site, I like the battle worn too, it is nice that its not a perfect detail and matches the theme. Its an alternative to cammo and will blend in good if it is your hunter. You could practice your Cerakote application technique and do the Battleworn and not feel like you messed up if the colors werent even, that would be a good way to learn how to apply it. Well it looks easy.. I also like the Kryptek patterns and that would be something I would use a vendor like them for. Good link!

Comment

• Slappy
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2014

It still takes a artists touch to do that stuff, if I tried it it would look like a mud puddle!! There are some good artists out there fo sure!! Still would love to get my other black one done but can not for the life of me take it apart to have it done. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• bigbear_98
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2013

It looks like the do a light color below, with a dark color on top. Then sand the high spots off. Interesting.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

There is nothing easy about dealing with Cerakote, I can assure you that. You have to be in a very patient, focused mindset to work with it from start to finish, and have the infrastructure to get it right. That involves having a spray cabinet with managed ventilation, turn hooks or turn racks, airbrush with compressor and correct hose and valve set-up, degreasing capabilities to include outgassing and chemical bath, and an oven that can fit rifle barrels, actions, and the long parts.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• rabiddawg
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2013

I like black and very little else.
                        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Heywood
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2013

LRRPF52,
                          Your work I assume. If so can I ship you a rifle and how much do you charge?
                          That looks sweet.
                          quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

• Tedward
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
                            LRRPF52,
                            Your work I assume. If so can I ship you a rifle and how much do you charge?
                            That looks sweet.
                            Thats a picture from Blowndeadline website. http://blowndeadline.net/gallery/

If you look at there photos, the color over lay and worn out top color reminds me of a movies in the future with old AR-15's fighting the laser guns. Nice work for sure.

Comment

• Heywood
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2013

Gotcha. I just visited their site.
                              I like the look, it's almost steampunk ish
                              Last edited by Heywood; 11-08-2014, 04:18 AM.
                              quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

Working...
                              X