My Grendel carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Grendel carbine

It hasn't seen a range yet. So, no report yet. I let my membership lapse after they were closed down a while back, and my work schedule hasn't been cooperative to finding somewhere for an evaluation.

Lower:
    A highly personalized Territorial Gunsmiths Lower
    Sully Stock
    Troy Ind. QD Sling plate
    Ergo grip

Upper:
    BCM Upper Rec
    BCM Bolt Carrier
    BCM Gunfighter CH
    Alexander Arms 16" mid-length bbl/bolt
    Primary Weapons Custom comp
    JP/VTac free-float tube
    GG&G FLT ring/base scope mount
    Leupold European 2-7x w/ Germ #4 ret

Stock, receivers, and FF tube are in DuraCoat's Coyote. Ergo is their tan. Troy sling plate is their FDE.

Nice-looking carbine. Interesting choice in stocks. Very cool engraving work. Is the SLR-15 from Defensive Edge? I remember they put out the Sully stock on some of their blasters, and were up north in the Midwest somewhere.

I don't know if you have seen it, but there are a least 2 different butt plates for AR's with integral monopod assemblies available. That might be a cool addition to the Sully stock, since you have some length of pull to play with if you desire. Welcome aboard, and get to the range with that bad boy!

Comment

Sully/Defensive Edge and Territorial Gunsmiths were partners going back a ways, so they shared SLR15. Terrritorial started making their own lowers after turning back too many from companies that were making them for them; a number of the Territorial ones were marked for Defensive Edge I did all of the engraving on the lowers that came out of Territorial (hence, all of the engraving seen). I also did other work for Sully while I worked there (I have a few other Sully stocks).

This is more of a walk-about/hunting rig; no plans for a mono-pod here.

Comment

Good to know. Yes, the carbine profile you have is not exactly a gun asking for a monopod. Even though I'm 6ft tall, I find myself preferring a shorter LOP in the prone or bench, while preferring a much longer LOP shooting off-hand. Does the sully stock use an "entry" receiver extension tube? I'm interested in one for another project. I'll PM about some engraving.

Comment

Yes, the Sully uses the entry extension. They come complete.

I don't get to engrave anymore. Territorial's been closed for almost 2 years now.

Comment

Working...
          X