• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zach987
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2011

18" Seekins build

Not nearly as impressive as the one bwaites posted, but this one is mine.
    20131218_195355.jpg20131218_195511.jpg20131218_195422.jpgIMAG0361.jpg
    Last edited by Zach987; 12-19-2013, 03:32 AM.

Dude! That's a friggin sweet surgical boom stick right there. Rock Creek pipe plus Seekins billet and someone who knows what they are doing = that kind of accuracy.

You have a nicely balanced hunter that will trash most of the bolt guns on the market, and beat most .308 loads for supersonic speed retention at distance.

Is that a regular MLGS? What gas port diameter did he cut her to?

I just hope the Model 1 Sales bolt holds up for you. Is it a .124" bolt face recess? If so, PM me for a source of 9130 .124" bolt face recessed bolts for the 7.62x39 or Grendel.

Comment

• Zach987
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2011

Forgot to add that group was with factory Hornady Amax's. As to the gas port diameter, I have no idea, I'll have to ask. The bolt was the only one available when he built it back in August of '12. I'll have to measure the bolt face recess since I'm pretty sure its the same bolt he put in his and he is planning on finding the limits with his. Even with cheap reloads of Speer 120 gr Hot-Cors this rifle is more accurate than I am and those grouped around 1" for me.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Very sweet, and it gives up nothing to any gun on the forum. Black is beautiful! I have to admit, Shiloah's scope is a bit nicer, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach987 View Post
          Forgot to add that group was with factory Hornady Amax's. As to the gas port diameter, I have no idea, I'll have to ask. The bolt was the only one available when he built it back in August of '12. I'll have to measure the bolt face recess since I'm pretty sure its the same bolt he put in his and he is planning on finding the limits with his. Even with cheap reloads of Speer 120 gr Hot-Cors this rifle is more accurate than I am and those grouped around 1" for me.
          Speer 120 gr Hot Cors is one of the best grouping bullets out of my stick too... Not shabby at all and will drop a hog/deer to boot!

Comment

Great build. And a fine shooting rifle in your hands is always better than a picture of one on the internet. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X