• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stugotz
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2019

My Grendel Build.

I built this rifle up specifically to shoot hogs and coyotes. Build is as follows:

Criterion 22" SS barrel with an adj. gas block
    Noveske N4 Lower
    Geissele Nat Match 2 stage trigger
    Magpul UBR stock
    Wilson CB Heavy Duty Billet Upper
    WMD Nickel Boron BCG
    Ranier Arms charge handle
    Aero Precision 15" hand guard
    Lantac Dragon muzzle brake
    I topped this off with an N-Vision HALO LR50 Thermal and like it so much, I bought an N-Vision ATLAS 50 thermal Bino's

I have a Rex Silentium Mod X can on order (which is presently in jail). I'm hoping it's freed by January for my hog hunt down to Texas!
    Attached Files
    Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
    I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
    Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Looks like a great build and ought to be a awesome hunting rig.

Comment

• SDW
      Warrior
      • Jul 2018

How do you like that Wilson billet upper? And how's the fit on your barrel? was it tight or did you need to bed it?

I'm slowly putting together an upper with a Wilson SS 22" fluted barrel. I planned to wait until Vltor gets their MUR uppers back in stock, or until my "backorder" becomes available; I have one on another Grendel, no complaints. Curious about these Wilson Combat uppers though now.

Comment

• Stugotz
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2019

Barrel upper fit was very tight. I ended up placing the barrel in the freezer for 24 hours before I inserted it into the Wilson upper. (I took a propane torch and carefully 'warmed' the barrel end of the receiver). It would have been an extremely difficult fit other wise. With reloads so far tis build is producing 7/8" - 5 shot groups off the bench. (This with the N-Vision HALO 50LR thermal). EXTREMELY pleased to say the least!
        Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
        I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
        Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%

Comment

• SDW
          Warrior
          • Jul 2018

Nice looking setup. I'm sure it all works well together.

I have to pull out the old propane or map gas torch once in a while. Like when dealing with BCM uppers or Bravo handguards. Never had to resort to placing anything in a freezer though, so far.

Surprisingly though, my Vltor MUR wasn't tight at all over the BA DMR barrel I'm using with it. Slipped in and comes out again fairly easily. So I bedded it with brass shimming material. .004" thick. Worked out very well. I've gotten that setup down to .5-1.0 MOA with some of my handloads. That's good enough for me.

From what I can see, the Wilson upper looks even beefier than the MUR. I assume there are modern handguards it wouldn't be compatible with.

Comment

Working...
          X