X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samalama76

First Grendel Build=Elation

Hello all,

I am still not finished yet and I would love some feedback on what I may need or tweak. I have a VLTOR ModPod on the way, and some extra picatinny rails(3" and 15"), so the one shown will be replaced soon.

SPECS
    • Aero Precision Lower
    • RRA LPK
    • RRA 2-Stage Trigger
    • DPMS Commercial Buffer Tube
    • Wolf Extra Strength Buffer Spring
    • Spike's Tactical H3 Buffer
    • Magpul ACS Stock
    • Aero Precision Upper
    • BHW 18" Standard Profile Barrel
    • Kies Adjustable Gas Block
    • DPMS Mid-Length Gas Tube
    • Nordic Components 15" Free Float Customizable Handguard
    • AAC 5/8 x 24 Thread Protector
    • Nordic Components Billet Charging Handle w/ Badger Ordanance Tac Latch
    • LaRue SPR-15 Scope Mount
    • Barska SWAT Tactical 3.5-10 x 44 Etched Mil Dot Illuminated

I know that you fellows are going to say why a Barska scope? I honestly have nothing but good things to say about this scope and I have had/have some nicer ones. It is serving my purposes fine right now and I will upgrade when I get some extra coin freed up. I am thinking about a WoTac 10 x 44 Gen 5 Mil/Mil.

Thanks and feedback is appreciated!
    Attached Files

Looks good! The only feedback I could give you is to build what you want to build! If this set up works for you then that should be enough. Some other forums are a bit more harsh with "correct clone builds" (of military style rifles) and other related bull s@#$ but, since the Grendel doesn't have any "clones" you don't have to suffer through that. Just have fun with the build and if you don't like the first build.... build another one!
    Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

What's important is, does the scope shoots and performs to your satisfaction. Nice Build.

Comment

Nice rig. Would expect a range report before long.....

Comment

What's your impression of the BHW barrel? How long did it take to get the barrel? Looking forward to seeing some groups, so I hope the Barska holds zero enough for at least one range session so we can see the accuracy potential of the BHW. What loads do you plan on trying?

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            What's your impression of the BHW barrel? How long did it take to get the barrel? Looking forward to seeing some groups, so I hope the Barska holds zero enough for at least one range session so we can see the accuracy potential of the BHW. What loads do you plan on trying?
            +1

Nice looking build for sure!

Comment

• samalama76

I am very impressed with the barrel so far, the finish is top notch, I like it is threaded in 5/8 x 24, the chamber is supper smooth, feed ramps are fairly smooth and line up perfectly. I can't wait to shoot it, I feel like it is going to be amazingly accurate but we will see. It took less than a month to get the barrel in my hands. I am also looking forward to putting that Barska to the test as well. I will definitely report back with groups, scope performance and everything else I can.
              I am going to break it in with factory ammo, probably Wolf MPT 120gr and Hornaday 123gr A-Max. I am trying to get to the range this weekend, but I have 3 builds I'm doing now for other people and I really want to get them done asap so it may be next weekend before I can hit the bench.
              As far as load development I am starting with Nosler 100gr Ballistic tip Spitzers and Nosler custom comp 123gr HPBT's. As for powder I am using TAC and BL-C(2) and see where they take me. If anyone has any suggestions as far as loads are concerned I would love any input. I am really planning on just starting from scratch and really doing some true load development with this caliber/platform.

Excited!

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Nice. Good luck.
                NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                X