X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Load your E-Lander mags to capacity and let them set. The springs are very stiff when new. You can manually unload them a couple of times which helps the wear in process. I needed to apply downward pressure on the second round in the mag with a rigid plastc letter opener to unload the top round. My E-Lander mags functioned new with a few rounds in them but just easier to load and unload after they wear in.

Comment

• LimaOscarAlpha
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      Load your E-Lander mags to capacity and let them set. The springs are very stiff when new. You can manually unload them a couple of times which helps the wear in process. I needed to apply downward pressure on the second round in the mag with a rigid plastc letter opener to unload the top round. My E-Lander mags functioned new with a few rounds in them but just easier to load and unload after they wear in.
      Thank you for the heads up. I usually cycle the cartridges manually using the rifle, facing a safe direction of course.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by LimaOscarAlpha View Post
        Thank you for the heads up. I usually cycle the cartridges manually using the rifle, facing a safe direction of course.
        This is one of those things that all of us have done, but wonder if that's ever a good option. There is no safe direction to point a rifle at home, and since we know the necessity of a "safe direction" in the first place, then we already know the potential consequences. Why chance that at home? Manually loading/unloading a mag outside the weapon is safe, with only inconvenience as the side effect. Small price to pay for keeping the neighbors out of my life...
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• LimaOscarAlpha
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2018

Agreed. I appreciate the advice Vascar2 gave and that process allowed me to notice something I might have over looked if I had followed my business as usual route. The Third cartridge down starboard side is completely free floating and rattling around greatest movement is forward and aft, side to side has movement. The follower is not sitting completely vertical, it canters to port side. I need to break it down and see if its seated correctly as i can see the spring outside of the follower on the high side. If that doesn't fix it I will be cracking a beer and reading post on modifying the mags, something I have never done or had to do so yes frustrating but satisfying at the same time. Oh and I picked up my die set today I went with Hornady because I have had good experiences with their products and I could walk into the store and get them.
          Last edited by LimaOscarAlpha; 07-13-2018, 10:38 PM. Reason: left a word out

Comment

Working...
          X