Warrior
    • Mar 2018

Chrony Forced Retirement on Saturday

I thought I was clear, but no.

chrony.jpeg
  • Cowdog
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

That sucks. I am sure I will do that myself sometime soon. I hear it is not if you will shoot your Chrony, it is when will you shoot it.
    What are you gonna replace it with?

Comment

• 1075 tech
      Warrior
      • Apr 2015

Sticks has a magneetospeed for sale in the miscellaneous for sale section. Just saying.

Comment

• RMiller
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

I will probably go with a magneto speed next. Most likely after hunting season is over.

Comment

• RMiller
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

My thread title was changed. Lol.

Comment

• Chazroh
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2015

As a buddy told me, it’s not if but when!!! Then I accidentally bought him a new one!!!

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

"Sticks has a magneetospeed for sale in the miscellaneous for sale section. Just saying. "
              His has been shot as well.

I have the same Chrony.
              I haven't used it in years.
              I hit the screens a few times but if I used it more it would be retired by now.

Comment

• kmon
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2015

Check with Chrony, have heard of them doing a repair or replace on medically disabled chrony units. Never hurts to ask

Comment

• RMiller
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2018

I took out one of the poles for the screens long ago with a 53 grain TSX shot out of a sabot from a 300WSM. Reading was just over 5000 fps.

Comment

• Crusty
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2017

If it ain't the hawgs, it's the windmill. I know how those sort of days go, had one myself yesterday.

Went to just slide over some bullet boxes to make room for more in the reloading/tools closet and pushed a box of primers off the shelf - no biggee just gotta move some bullets to get to where it fell. Then I picked up an opened box of ELDs and the bottom fell out, scattering a full box of loose bullets throughout the stack of tools and equipment in the closet and about a quarter of them fell and burrowed into the cat's litter box (that should have been emptied last week). Took an hour to unstack everything, find the bullets, sift thru the nasty litter, clean the bullets and put everything back.
                    I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Crusty View Post
                      If it ain't the hawgs, it's the windmill. I know how those sort of days go, had one myself yesterday.

Went to just slide over some bullet boxes to make room for more in the reloading/tools closet and pushed a box of primers off the shelf - no biggee just gotta move some bullets to get to where it fell. Then I picked up an opened box of ELDs and the bottom fell out, scattering a full box of loose bullets throughout the stack of tools and equipment in the closet and about a quarter of them fell and burrowed into the cat's litter box (that should have been emptied last week). Took an hour to unstack everything, find the bullets, sift thru the nasty litter, clean the bullets and put everything back.
                      Reminds me of the joke where the fellow returns home from a long trip...
                      A gentleman is returning home after a lengthy trip and is met by a servant at the station. This is the conversation that they have on their way home.

"So, has anything happened while I've been away?"

"No, sir, I can't think of anything at all worth mentioning."

"Come now, I've been away for weeks. Surely something must have happened in all that time."

"Well, sir, come to think of it, your dog died."

"My dog died? How awful! Still, he was getting on in years, and I suppose it had to happen some time. How did he die?"

"The vet said it was probably from eating the rotten meat."

"The rotten meat? Since when do we leave rotten meat out for the dog to eat?"

"Well, it was the horses, sir. They'd been rotting for some time after the barn burned down."

"Good heavens. How in the world did the barn burn down?"

"It must have been some embers that blew over from the house, sir."

"The house? The house burnt down too? How did the house burn down?"

"Well, sir, we think someone must have knocked over a candle."

"Oh. ... Wait a moment - we don't use candles anymore to light the house! What were the candles doing there?"

"They were there for the wake, sir."

"The wake. Whose wake?"

"Your mother's, sir. She passed away quite suddenly."

"Oh my Lord. Mother is dead. The house is gone, along with the stable. Even my dog is dead. What did Mother die of?"

"It must have been the shock, sir."

"The shock."

"Yes, sir, the shock. When your wife ran off with the handyman the day after you left, sir. But aside from all that, it's been fairly quiet while you've been away, sir."

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                        "Sticks has a magneetospeed for sale in the miscellaneous for sale section. Just saying. "
                        His has been shot as well.
                        Grazed is the term. Happened about a year ago. Posted a picture in the ad showing the scar. Works perfect still. I prefer the format that it puts out the data when doing load development than the Labradar.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• DJudge
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2017

Hate it when that happens.

Comment

• Dinny
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2016

There are only two types of chronographs. Those that have been shot and those that will be shot.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• pilot4prophet
                              Unwashed
                              • Jul 2018

Reminds me of a day at the range with my friend "the head stamp eraser". He was checking some 454 casul loads over his chrony, and I just happened to glance over at him. He touched off a round and his chrony exploded and fell to the ground. He looked at the chrony, then at his revolver, then back to the chrony, then over to me. I nearly fell to the ground laughing.

He sent it back to Chrony and they repaired it cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X