Purpose Built Wolf Upper -2nd Grendel: The Addiction Begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smithsession8
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
    Looks great! How does it shoot? My J&T does really good especially considering 1:9 twist carbine gas non free floated barrel.
    Thanks!
    I've been happy with accuracy so far, but have yet to do serious paper accuracy tests. TBH I just hate getting in the snow when it's so cold right now haha. So I've just shot steel, and I'm taking 19 credits on the university right now, so the times I go to shoot have been fewer and farther between unfortunately...

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Ok, since you asked and I want to try and steer some discussion toward painting a scope.

First off all I Really like what you did with that rifle (I'm not a fan of camo) Imo, it is hard to pull off a two tone paint scheme on an ar without it looking forced and/or unfinished. Very good use of color there.

Imo the mount and optic need to be painted to finish the job, but what color and what would be the drawbacks to painting a scope? Would it void the warranty, gum up an adjustment etc? Talk me into it or out of it.

I am going to paint at least one of mine someday. I hope I can pull it off as well as you did.
    That sounds like quite the compliment! I appreciate it as well as the feedback.

I have been thinking about painting the scope the same color as the receivers, maybe leaving the mount black. I baked the receivers after I painted them and asked Primary Arms if I could do the same to the scopes. They said no to the "heat treatment," but air dry should be fine. Taping it off shouldn't be too bad either. I think I'd stuff the ends with paper towels and then tape it off. I didn't ask about the warranty for PA.

I did ask SWFA since I have one of their 10x42SS scopes and they said it wouldn't void the warranty. It presents the problem you had mentioned with target turrets (the primary arms 1-6x just has turret covers that I leave there). I think I would crank the turrets down and then taping off the appropriate markings and not worry much more about it. I wouldn't hesitate to do it though!

Comment

• pianoman9701
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2017

I've two cases of the Wolf for the zombie apocalypse, but I mostly shoot the factory AMax 123s. $1 a pull does get pricey however. I've heard on another forum that the Wolf ammo will eventually damage the barrel. Does anyone have an opinion on that? I'd like to shoot more of it if it's not going to hurt my rifle.

Comment

Working...
      X