• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fixin
    Warrior
    • Apr 2018

Q trash panda

Hey everyone new guy here,
    Anybody have decibel data on a 20in barrel using the trash panda from Q? I also would like to know if any of y'all have used or are using a BSF barrel. I am in the process of updating/upgrading my grendel and I am curious about it. I ordered a 20in BSF and will be combining it with a superlative arms adjustable gas block and trash panda once my tax stamp comes back.
    Thanks y'all
    to procrastinate... tomorrow!!
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Never heard of the can, BSF is new on the scene, and you will IIRC be the first to have it, so you get the review.

A quick read of the specs raises flags for me. Larger OD than most, price point the same as some of the high end proven suppressors, no test results to claim in db reduction.

I'd hazard they are a start up company born under the hopes of the hearing safe act being passed. Hope they make it.

You will be the first here to review...in about a year.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• fixin
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
      Never heard of the can, BSF is new on the scene, and you will IIRC be the first to have it, so you get the review.

A quick read of the specs raises flags for me. Larger OD than most, price point the same as some of the high end proven suppressors, no test results to claim in db reduction.

I'd hazard they are a start up company born under the hopes of the hearing safe act being passed. Hope they make it.

You will be the first here to review...in about a year.
      I have done the research here on the company. It is indeed a start up, however the owner/founder is Kevin Brittingham, the founder and former owner of AAC. He sold AAC to remington a couple of years ago and then started Q LLC. Prior to starting Q, he did consultation work with SIG to develop their line of suppressors. I'm guessing he did that to buy his time before starting the company. The can itself is a fully welded titanium PVD coated suppressor, it measures around 6 inches in length and is QD. The muzzle brake they have for it is called the Cherry Bomb (see a trend here lol) which sports a taper mount forward of the locking threads on the brake. That allows the can to always index properly and with the locking threads in the rear, carbon will not build up on the locking threads. Instead the gas build up will be on the taper. Before buying the suppressor and dropping the form 4, I asked all sorts of questions to my dealer, which is a certified retailer of Q suppressors. They gave me the info and showed me around.
      to procrastinate... tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
      X