Battlsight Zero for iron sights on the 6.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlsight Zero for iron sights on the 6.5?

Has anyone come up with a good battlesight zero (BZO) with the 6.5? I'm looking for a happy crossover between close range and 200-300m (similar to the US Army25m/300m BZO or the Santos 50y/200m IBZ used for the 5.56mm round). I've looked at ballistics charts on the 6.5, but I'm way too new at this to really understand them.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2011, 04:32 PM.

According to this site's chart:

The 50/200 should work... Scroll down a bit and it's .02@50 and 0.0@200. The biggest thing you have is the velocity of the ammo that you have...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper20 View Post
      According to this site's chart:

The 50/200 should work... Scroll down a bit and it's .02@50 and 0.0@200. The biggest thing you have is the velocity of the ammo that you have...
      Excellent, thank you sir! This has the added benefit of helping me undertand the charts a little better as well..

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by keenster View Post
        Has anyone come up with a good battlesight zero (BZO) with the 6.5? I'm looking for a happy crossover between close range and 200-300m (similar to the US Army25m/300m BZO or the Santos 50y/200m IBZ used for the 5.56mm round). I've looked at ballistics charts on the 6.5, but I'm way too new at this to really understand them.
        KS:

What is the size and shape of the kill zone you require. If it is 20" X 20" which is pretty much an E-Sil chest area, then use a 300 M BSZ.

The rage over a 200 or 250 BSZ is little more than a gimmick that is basically unprovable given what the Army calls an 'Average Trained Rifleman', issued service grade carbine / M-16A2, and issued ball ammunition.

What I am saying is that it really doesn't matter which you use although the 300 zero gives you a advantage at 500 given a hold over.

LR1955

Comment

Remember that the post in your iron sights will limit target visibility when the bullet drops below the line of sight.

That means that when using the 300 meter Battle Sight Zero recommended by LR1955 and you put that 20" X 20" kill zone on top of the target you will be good to go out past any sensible range with iron sights.

Comment

Since most of my iron sight shooting is at 8x13" steel plates at 200 and 300 yards, I set mine up for a 6 o'clock hold at 200 for a good 7" high hit and that translates to a center hold at 300 yards for the same hit. Our 200 yard events are rapid fire, timed hence the 6o'clock hold vs a sniper setup at 300 yards where it isn't as important to see the whole plate. No further adjustments are necessary....generally.

Comment

Working...
            X