• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Geissele S3G
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
      Folks,

Just went with a CMC today, 3.5lb curved. Cannot wait to try it out. A2
      I think you'll be happy. Love mine. One of the better buys in a trigger I think.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• danm
        Warrior
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
        Folks,

Just went with a CMC today, 3.5lb curved. Cannot wait to try it out. A2
        You'll like...

Comment

• deer hunter
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2014

I have the Geiselle SSA-E two stage in both my Grendel's but I also have the Geiselle Super Dynamic 3 gun single stage in my business AR15. It's a great trigger as well, very very fast action.

Comment

• Jackem
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post
            Geissele S3G
            /\/\/\ +

Comment

• Chance-dg
              Warrior
              • Apr 2019

I have Timney, Gisselle several, and the LARUE MBT 2S Straight in 2 carbines now and would swap out all the other 4 for 4 more of these Larue. they sell now for $118.95 or so but when I bought them they were $89.95. What a screaming deal for a great trigger that just gets better with use. They are a crisp and consistent smooth 4LB trigger. I have them in my 16" barreled ranch rifle in 6.5 Grendel and in my 12" Ranch Pistol in Grendel as well. And will use them this next 6 weeks of Tennessee Deer season. The 12" does very well in the Ranger and as a Truck gun for us. My game load with 120g Pro Hunters should make 2200 fps in the 12 " pistol and that should be great put to 100 yds for these hunting bullets.

Comment

• ErikS
                Warrior
                • Dec 2017

One tip.

For a hunting gun you want a little more reset distance compared to a competitive trigger.

You don't want a bump fire at a deer and less than perfect positions along with the stress of taking game can lead to an oops.
                #shareyourspare

Comment

• Dt219
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2020

I love my velocity trigger More so than my cmc

Comment

• drewthebrave
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by ErikS View Post
                    One tip.

For a hunting gun you want a little more reset distance compared to a competitive trigger.

You don't want a bump fire at a deer and less than perfect positions along with the stress of taking game can lead to an oops.
                    This is part of the reason I like the LaRue MBT-2S so much - the reset is very positive & distinct. At under $100, they're my go-to trigger for just about everything.

If OP prefers single stage, the ALG QMS is very nice. I haven't used the ALG ACT, but I hear it's a bit nicer than the QMS. Still, at $50 and $70 respectively, I'd rather spend the extra to get the LaRue MBT-2S.

With that said, I'm now a believer in TriggerTech as the best overall triggers for my precision rifles. I have a Competitive 3.5lb in my SPR and an Adaptable 2.5-5 lb in my 6.5 Creedmoor and am feeling truly spoiled by them when I go back to anything else. Whatever black magic they use in their "frictionless" design is fantastic.

Comment

• ErikS
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2017

I use a Geissele, SSA-E and SD-E in my hunting guns but the same guns have double duties as DMR competition guns so I have experience with the triggers which have the same feel but only have a different trigger bow. The Geissele, kinda single stage, S3G gun triggers have a crazy short reset and will bump fire with impunity. I would NEVER hunt with one.
                      #shareyourspare

Comment

• Dt219
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2020

My favs so far is larue mbt 2s, and velocity, I put my cmc 3rd

Comment

• outbreaker
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2018

Geissele, SSA-E

Only trigger I run in all my ARs. 2 stage trigger that breaks like glass.

Comment

Working...
                          X