Big TX Boar Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big TX Boar Down

Shot this big boy yesterday morning and missed a couple of his offspring. The deer came back this morning. Saw these 2 big bucks, but I will wait until next weekend to drop one of them. Taking the Grendel again.
  • GeauxShoot

nice work on the hog!
    Now, the camera angle?? you got a trail cam mounted down low? or you got an underground blind??

Comment

What, you don't use bunker blinds? :-D

I have the trail cam on the base of a tree nearby. Makes for some interesting shots.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Nice deer! I'd take either, of course I've never shot ANY deer, so they would both be the biggest I've ever shot!

Very nice hog too!

Comment

Here's the one I'm hunting next weekend. Showed up on the camera last week.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Wowzah!

Comment

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but how can a regular guy like myself get access to those kind of deer? I recently moved to Texas and I'm looking to hunt deer and hogs so any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

Gotta pay to play on bucks like this in general. Leases like this run $3-5K per year, and we feed lots of protein. Big deer on cheap leases or public land in TX are pretty rare. I'm not big on this fact, but I got tired of not seeing deer on our family land and E TX leases, so I bit the bullet and joined this lease. Did it for many reasons, including my stress level.

Comment

Nice freaking hog daddy! Look at the rack on that buck. What load are you using?

Comment

129gr SST over 29.0gr BLC2.

Comment

Gotta love hunting season. Heavy animals,heavy bullet, BLC (2). Priceless.

Comment

• 81police
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2013

way to put that bruiser down! One less Texas Cockroach!
                        John 11:25-26

Comment

• usmc1371
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2011

nice deer. looking for a good lease next year.

Comment

This is my first year on this lease thru a buddy's referral, and I was able to join after they have managed it many years. The deer herd is in awesome shape, and the bucks are getting bigger each year. We fed 7 tons of cottonseed this spring and summer, and it appears to be working.

Comment

Working...
                            X