• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

DNT Thermnight Ranging & Ballistic Calc Testing: 324 Yard Sow

Nifty optic, priced for the newbie, but with capabilities of significantly more expensive optics. Last night, I was testing the night vision capability under fairly ideal circumstances with a 98.5% brightness moon. The scope performs better than I expected on digital night vision. Thermal appeared to be about what I expected for 256 resolution (which is fairly low).

I got my ammo ballistic data plugged in from various online sources, chrono reading info from my Garmin, plugged that into the ballistic calculator and was surprised and quite pleased to connect very close to where expected at 324 yards. What a nifty tool for lone boars and the like. Range them and shoot them while stationary from distance!

I tried to dampen Jasper's excitement about this little optic. I have seen several new items come on the market that didn't do that well. This one has the capabilities under a variety of circumstances. I erred on the side of caution, but this is really pretty cool.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 09-18-2024, 02:53 AM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • tdbru
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

DNS,
    yes, impressive indeed. just a little more fine tuning and those longer range shots become normal range shots.
    well done.
    -tdbru

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

That NV/Thermal with LRF is pretty slick. Pretty small too.

Any reports on durability from long-term testing?
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Great info on that scope , thanks for sharing ,

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Any reports on durability from long-term testing?
          I get it for a total of 30 days. I doubt I will have more than 100 or 150 rounds throught it by the end of the 30 days. So that won't be from me.

These were originally ARKEN brand scopes and ARKEN sold off their stuff to DNT, not sure how or why this came to pass. The apparently sold off all their electro-optic lines. The Zulus (no thermal) have a good reputation. And that is about all I know.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
          X